Author Topic: Green Groups Are No Longer Promoting a Cleaner Environment  (Read 182 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Green Groups Are No Longer Promoting a Cleaner Environment
« on: December 13, 2023, 06:00:36 pm »

Green Groups Are No Longer Promoting a Cleaner Environment   
BY STEPHEN MOORE
TUESDAY, DECEMBER 05 2023

What has the half-trillion dollars that have been spent on climate change bought? No measurable results.

The late, great humorist P.J. O'Rourke used to quip that everyone wants to save the world, but no one wants to wash the dishes.

Well, now that can be said for traditional environmental groups that seem to have lost their way.

Green groups are supposed to be about keeping our rivers, lakes and streams clean. They are supposed to be about fighting litter and keeping toxic chemicals out of the air. Their job is to maintain the beauty of our national parks and save elephants and tigers.

Not anymore. The New York Times recently reported in a disturbing headline: "Environmental Groups Cut Programs as Funding Shifts to Climate Change."

In other words, the Left's climate change hysteria and its campaign to end fossil fuels is interfering with a commonsense green agenda. Worse than that, the climate agenda is in some ways making the condition of the environment worse.

https://cfif.org/v/index.php/commentary/44-energy-and-environment/6603-green-groups-are-no-longer-promoting-a-cleaner-environment
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Green Groups Are No Longer Promoting a Cleaner Environment
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2023, 06:12:01 pm »
When I was a child, one of the reason I got into the environmental profession was that a small papermill in the late 1960's destroyed the creek at the camp where our family reunions were held.  I mean they killed it, where even flat head minnows could not live.   

What was once a movement for conservation has been hijacked into stealth vehicle for communism. 

The masses that have been duped should make every sane person sad.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.