Author Topic: Biden ‘not sure’ he’d run in 2024 if Trump wasn’t in the race: ‘We cannot let him win’  (Read 298 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 Biden ‘not sure’ he’d run in 2024 if Trump wasn’t in the race: ‘We cannot let him win’
by Brett Samuels and Alex Gangitano - 12/05/23 5:07 PM ET

WESTON, Mass. — President Biden on Tuesday said if former President Trump wasn’t running for another term in 2024, he’s “not sure” if he would have also embarked on his own reelection campaign.

“If Trump wasn’t running, I’m not sure I’d be running. But we cannot let him win,” Biden said at a campaign reception in Weston, Mass.

Biden’s comment came after he laid out in stark terms the threat he believes Trump poses to democracy, citing Trump’s remarks in which he compared his political enemies to vermin, recent reports that he’d use the Insurrection Act to implement policy changes, and a December 2022 social media post in which Trump suggested he would terminate parts of the Constitution.

Biden was speaking to a group of big donors while on a fundraising swing in the Boston-area on Tuesday. Trump is set to participate in a pre-taped town hall later on Tuesday with Fox News’ Sean Hannity.

Trump announced his candidacy for president in November 2022, following the midterm elections. Biden announced he would run for reelection in April of this year, following months of speculation over whether he should run again, largely due to his age.

Biden, 81, has trailed Trump in some recent polls, most notably in several key swing states he needs to win in order to secure the general election. But, Biden aides have repeatedly dismissed the fixation on polling, arguing it was not predictive of Biden’s success in 2020 and that it’s too soon to be predictive of his fate a year from now.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4343834-biden-not-sure-hed-run-2024-itrump-wasnt-in-race/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

From the article...

December 2022 social media post in which Trump suggested he would terminate parts of the Constitution.

I didn't recall Trump suggesting this so I looked it up....he did :thud:

But the Biden regime should talk. Forcing employees in the private sector to get an experimental shot, labelling parents who show up at local school board meetings with a domestic terrorist tag, attempting to appoint a so call Disinformation Czar to monitor social media, use of government bureaucracies to abuse opponents,...feel free to add to the list

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

From the article...

December 2022 social media post in which Trump suggested he would terminate parts of the Constitution.

I didn't recall Trump suggesting this so I looked it up....he did :thud:

But the Biden regime should talk. Forcing employees in the private sector to get an experimental shot, labelling parents who show up at local school board meetings with a domestic terrorist tag, attempting to appoint a so call Disinformation Czar to monitor social media, use of government bureaucracies to abuse opponents,...feel free to add to the list

I referenced Trump's statement(s) about the Constitution in another post a little earlier today -- one example of a statement that he backpedaled on.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Is Brandon sure about anything these days??
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.