Author Topic: Republicans unite to hold up Biden's $106B Ukraine request over border crisis  (Read 202 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans close ranks, demand Dems face border crisis as Biden Ukraine aid plan hangs in balance
Johnson told Republicans border security was a 'hill to die on,' a source said
By Elizabeth Elkind Fox News
Published December 5, 2023 4:51pm EST

Republicans in the House and Senate are closing ranks in a bid to force President Biden to deal with the ongoing crisis at the U.S. southern border.

Both Speaker Mike Johnson, R-La., and Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., have signaled that getting any part of Biden’s $106 billion supplemental aid request passed would require concessions on conservative border and asylum measures.

Johnson told GOP lawmakers in a closed-door meeting that passing border security measures is a top goal of his in considering an aid package, two sources who were present told Fox News Digital.

One said Johnson called border security a "hill to die on" in the ongoing fight, confirming earlier reporting by the Associated Press.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/republicans-close-ranks-demand-democrats-border-crisis-biden-aid-plan
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.