Author Topic: Can Trump Actually Win in November? Kurt Schlichter  (Read 1134 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Can Trump Actually Win in November? Kurt Schlichter
« on: December 04, 2023, 03:41:38 pm »
Can Trump Actually Win in November?
Kurt Schlichter

There’s a huge difference between some chud with a username like @MagaBeefcake8008 insisting that Trump can win in the general election, and some neutral guy who’s earned a little bit of respect for actually performing adequately over time with his predictions saying so. Well, that’s happening. People who are not bizarre weirdos who previously thought Donald Trump was doomed in the general are now arguing that Donald Trump might well win. Is it true? That’s debatable, and I am not convinced. But what’s not debatable is that some intelligent and reasonable people who are not involved in Trump’s campaign and who have no dog in the fight have changed their minds about Trump’s ability to win in November. Wherever you stand on an issue, you have to consider all the evidence, even if it challenges what you think. Especially if it challenges what you think.

This bears close examination because electability is key. Much of the rationale behind a Ron DeSantis campaign is that Ron DeSantis really can win in November while Trump really can’t. His recent disposal of that human hairstyle of a Cali governor reaffirmed his skills. Governor RDS is a great guy – I support him in the primary, though I will vote for the GOP nominee, even if it is Nikki Bush Haley (gag me with a 5-inch heel). DeSantis is better on the issues than Trump, but the fact is that Trump is more than good enough on policy. Yeah, he’s had some fails, like his COVID nonsense, but an actual conservative should be thrilled to have another Trump presidency compared with another term of the pinko freaknik that is the Biden show. You can be annoyed by DJT’s dumb nicknames and ridiculous social media ramblings, but none of that matters. He is not running to be your buddy or role model. He’s running to be your president.

more
https://townhall.com/columnists/kurtschlichter/2023/12/04/can-trump-actually-win-in-november-n2631909
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Can Trump Actually Win in November? Kurt Schlichter
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2023, 03:46:31 pm »
Has anyone given thought to Trump's hard left turn, and if he does win, the GOP gets  blamed into Whig submission?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2023, 03:53:57 pm »
Two scenarios were Trump possibly wins is a repeat of 2016 were Democrats didn’t come out in the numbers in states like Michigan and Wi to put Hillary over the top. They didn’t repeat that again

Another is things get so bad that people vote just to be done with Biden. But why would anyone want to see the American people suffer just to benefit electorally speaking?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2023, 03:59:41 pm »
Two scenarios were Trump possibly wins is a repeat of 2016 were Democrats didn’t come out in the numbers in states like Michigan and Wi to put Hillary over the top. They didn’t repeat that again

Another is things get so bad that people vote just to be done with Biden. But why would anyone want to see the American people suffer just to benefit electorally speaking?

I think the Trump faction is also underestimating the impact of him back stabbing conservatives too.  Our voting bloc is the most reliable and proficient demographic of them all.   Let's see how that pans out.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 04:01:21 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2023, 04:00:45 pm »
He won once, he can win again.

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2023, 04:03:11 pm »
He won once, he can win again.

It'll take some EV magic again.  I trully believe that DJT can not win 50.000001% of the vote.  He didn't in '20, nor in '16.

• Technical
« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2023, 04:39:19 pm »
It'll take some EV magic again.  I trully believe that DJT can not win 50.000001% of the vote.  He didn't in '20, nor in '16.

Maybe. I think if the election were held today, he would win the popular vote and most likely the EC vote. In one year, who knows?

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2023, 01:11:55 am »
I think the Trump faction is also underestimating the impact of him back stabbing conservatives too. 

All five of them?   :laugh:

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2023, 01:48:35 am »
NOPE!!!

Who's your choice if Biden doesn't run?

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2023, 02:21:32 am »
DeSantis is better on the issues than Trump, but the fact is that Trump is more than good enough on policy. Yeah, he’s had some fails, like his COVID nonsense, but an actual conservative should be thrilled to have another Trump presidency compared with another term of the pinko freaknik that is the Biden show.

But why should we have to when we can have an actual Conservative instead?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2023, 07:37:03 am »
Time for people to be honest.  TRUMP IS A LOSER.  Wishing him into office will not make it so.

Anyone on these boards that actually believe we have free and fair elections needs to pull their head out of their posterior.  2020, the damn election was FIXED!  FIXED! FIXED!

Without so much as a handslap, what makes anyone here believe that fixing another election will not happen?  Fact is, they will be more blatant than ever!  They already know that SCOTUS will not field any challenges regarding the election.  The composition of the court remains the same as 2020.  So, they know they can cheat, be even more blatant, and still get away with it.  Biden need not even campaign from his basement.  He knows he has already won.  And all this nonsense of him being forced out in 2024, don't hold your breath.

To refresh your memories, LBJ pulled out in the 11th+ hour, leaving Hubert Humphrey to be the standard bearer after Robert Kennedy was assassinated.  They are not going to do that a 2nd time.  But thanks to the complete and total idiocy of the Biden Team, they along with the DNC blocked any challengers in the primary, so RFK Jr. is running as a 3rd party candidate, and who knows, maybe Manchin will run too as a 3rd party candidate.  What does that spell?

For me, it spells a lot more ones and zeroes that need to be rearranged.  It spells another FIXED ELECTION.

Trump will NOT win, even if 90% of America voted for him.  And if he were to win, what does anyone honestly expect?  He is not a miracle worker.  The retarded Republicans will not work with him any more than the Democommies.  A 2nd term Trump presidency will be lame duck from DAY ONE.  He will NOT fulfill the empty promises he made first time and ignored.

As a reminder, he promised to end the H1-b Visa Program DAY ONE.  5-6 months into his presidency, he met with the tech billionaire oligarchs, kissed their *ss, and INCREASED THE NUMBER OF H1-b Visa recipients.

As a reminder, his primary promise was build a wall.  He completed 20% of what he promised.  That is NOT PROMISES KEPT.  Sorry, that is failure to lead.  He could not get Republicans to support him.  He squandered his first year screwing with Obamacare only to get punked by the grand Sen John McCann before his death, who voted against Trump and the Republicans to preserve Obamacare.  After Trump verbally scorned McCann at every turn, is it so far fetched to imagine McCann putting the screws to Trump?

Very last thing this country needs is Trump, another brutally fixed election, and four more years of the Biden Idiocracy.  But without free and fair elections, we don't have a republic any longer anyways.  So all the debate of will Trump win is wasted breath.

Its the ones and zeroes baby.  Whoever manipulates those determines who wins.  And as a friendly reminder, George Soros owns the firm that tabulates the vote in EVERT WESTERN NATION, INCLUDING THE USA.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2023, 04:47:56 pm »
Time for people to be honest.  TRUMP IS A LOSER.  Wishing him into office will not make it so.

Anyone on these boards that actually believe we have free and fair elections needs to pull their head out of their posterior.  2020, the damn election was FIXED!  FIXED! FIXED!

Without so much as a handslap, what makes anyone here believe that fixing another election will not happen?  Fact is, they will be more blatant than ever!  They already know that SCOTUS will not field any challenges regarding the election.  The composition of the court remains the same as 2020.  So, they know they can cheat, be even more blatant, and still get away with it.  Biden need not even campaign from his basement.  He knows he has already won.  And all this nonsense of him being forced out in 2024, don't hold your breath.

To refresh your memories, LBJ pulled out in the 11th+ hour, leaving Hubert Humphrey to be the standard bearer after Robert Kennedy was assassinated.  They are not going to do that a 2nd time.  But thanks to the complete and total idiocy of the Biden Team, they along with the DNC blocked any challengers in the primary, so RFK Jr. is running as a 3rd party candidate, and who knows, maybe Manchin will run too as a 3rd party candidate.  What does that spell?

For me, it spells a lot more ones and zeroes that need to be rearranged.  It spells another FIXED ELECTION.

Trump will NOT win, even if 90% of America voted for him.  And if he were to win, what does anyone honestly expect?  He is not a miracle worker.  The retarded Republicans will not work with him any more than the Democommies.  A 2nd term Trump presidency will be lame duck from DAY ONE.  He will NOT fulfill the empty promises he made first time and ignored.

As a reminder, he promised to end the H1-b Visa Program DAY ONE.  5-6 months into his presidency, he met with the tech billionaire oligarchs, kissed their *ss, and INCREASED THE NUMBER OF H1-b Visa recipients.

As a reminder, his primary promise was build a wall.  He completed 20% of what he promised.  That is NOT PROMISES KEPT.  Sorry, that is failure to lead.  He could not get Republicans to support him.  He squandered his first year screwing with Obamacare only to get punked by the grand Sen John McCann before his death, who voted against Trump and the Republicans to preserve Obamacare.  After Trump verbally scorned McCann at every turn, is it so far fetched to imagine McCann putting the screws to Trump?

Very last thing this country needs is Trump, another brutally fixed election, and four more years of the Biden Idiocracy.  But without free and fair elections, we don't have a republic any longer anyways.  So all the debate of will Trump win is wasted breath.

Its the ones and zeroes baby.  Whoever manipulates those determines who wins.  And as a friendly reminder, George Soros owns the firm that tabulates the vote in EVERT WESTERN NATION, INCLUDING THE USA.

So are  elections only fair and honest if Trump wins?

Were the elections fair and honest in 2016?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #12 on: December 05, 2023, 04:57:08 pm »
So are  elections only fair and honest if Trump wins?

Were the elections fair and honest in 2016?

Election Night 2016 was like a surreal episode of the Twilight Zone.  I don't think anyone thought Trump could win, incuding Trump.  I am glad Hilary lost, but the end result of the Trump admnistratioon seriously underperformed based on my expectations.

Especially that part (lie) about being a fiscal conservative, and balancing the budget.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #13 on: December 05, 2023, 05:45:29 pm »
Election Night 2016 was like a surreal episode of the Twilight Zone.  I don't think anyone thought Trump could win, incuding Trump.  I am glad Hilary lost, but the end result of the Trump admnistratioon seriously underperformed based on my expectations.

Especially that part (lie) about being a fiscal conservative, and balancing the budget.

I didn’t vote for Trump in 2016, but I can’t think of any candidate that deserved to lose more than than Hillary Clinton.

I would love to been a fly on the wall in Hillary Clinton campaign headquarters that night in 2016. I’m willing to bet the game of “duck the ashtrays” was played

I have read, but can’t confirm, that she had a major meltdown that night. It’s too bad somebody didn’t record it. That would’ve been comedy gold.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 05:46:18 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2023, 06:05:42 pm »
Nope! Too much of the cheating that we saw go unpunished in 2020 has now been codified in key states.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #15 on: December 05, 2023, 06:10:12 pm »
Nope! Too much of the cheating that we saw go unpunished in 2020 has now been codified in key states.

Unfortunately true and McDaniels remains head of the RNC. Nothing has changed. :shrug:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2023, 06:16:21 pm »
Unfortunately true and McDaniels remains head of the RNC. Nothing has changed. :shrug:

It doesn't matter who WE want all that matters is who THEY want!

Honest elections are a thing of the past.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2023, 06:56:49 pm »
It would be funny if Tumpy won this time around just to watch all y'all back up and call it legit... Especially  with democrats screaming they were cheated 🙄

Careful now... I may point and laugh... :whistle:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2023, 06:57:14 pm »
Yes, Trump can win in November.  The mass media is puddy in his exceptionally huuuuge orange hands.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

• Technical
« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2023, 07:29:53 pm »
It would be funny if Tumpy won this time around just to watch all y'all back up and call it legit... Especially  with democrats screaming they were cheated 🙄

That is exactly what will happen... or they'll claim that Trump was cheated out of millions of votes and won anyway.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2023, 07:36:42 pm »

And that will happen if he does win. And it will be the Democrats turn again to cry foul and illegitimate

When Biden won, I mentioned to Mrs LMAO that it would be fun to watch the switch if Trump won the popular vote but Biden won the EC
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 07:37:54 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2023, 08:22:58 pm »
With über-leftist Gen-Z voters now flooding the electorate, neither Trump nor any other GOPer will see victory in a presidential election.   This country is too mentally ill to do a course correction from its current trajectory.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 08:24:36 pm by ScottinVA »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2023, 08:45:01 pm »
With über-leftist Gen-Z voters now flooding the electorate, neither Trump nor any other GOPer will see victory in a presidential election.   This country is too mentally ill to do a course correction from its current trajectory.

This country is too corrupt to ever see a free and fair election in '24 and beyond and younger voters don't have a flippin' clue.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #23 on: December 05, 2023, 11:23:25 pm »
jafo wrote:
"Time for people to be honest.  TRUMP IS A LOSER.  Wishing him into office will not make it so."

Once again, I'm going to post this, made by jafo on October 16, 2020:
"I PREDICT SURPRISES ON NOVEMBER 3RD...TRUMP TAKES 40 STATES WITH ELECTORAL COLLEGE"
Source (and PLEASE check me to prove it):
https://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,417203.msg2305366.html#msg2305366

MY post regarding Mr. Trump in the 2020 election can be found here:
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,417203.msg2305819.html#msg2305819
Please read that carefully, too.

Because my prediction for 2024 is going to be almost exactly the same.

But remember, Comrade Briefers -- The Party's underground and above-ground election apparatus is stronger than it was previously. That will make it harder for ANY Republican candidate to win.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2023, 11:34:43 pm by Fishrrman »