Author Topic: Biden’s National Climate Assessment Report ‘acknowledges that LGBTQ+ people are more vulnerable to t  (Read 570 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden’s National Climate Assessment Report ‘acknowledges that LGBTQ+ people are more vulnerable to the climate crisis’

“Sexual and gender minorities (SGMs) face social, economic, and health disparities and, as a result, experience greater risk of harm from climate change.” – Fifth National Climate Assessment

For the first time, a national climate assessment has included a section dedicated to women’s health and acknowledges that LGBTQ+ people are more vulnerable to the climate crisis. The Fifth National Climate Assessment was released Tuesday by the U.S. Global Change Research Program, a project mandated by Congress that aims to help the public understand climate change impacts. ...
In a change from previous assessments, this report paid special attention to how intersecting identities can make certain populations more vulnerable. “If you go back to the earliest National Climate Assessment, that’s super sciency,” Wheeler said. “Very much about climate science, basically about the weather. But we aren’t there right now, we can’t just talk about the weather, we’ve got to talk about social injustices, because that’s where the pain is, right? That’s where the climate crisis is.” ...

Through the report, authors made sure to contextualize risk through an intersectional lens, explaining how gender, race and socioeconomic status can exacerbate someone’s vulnerability to the climate crisis.

“Women disproportionately experience the burden of climate change because of unique mental, sexual, and reproductive health needs that intersect with existing social, racial, and economic disparities.” – Fifth National Climate Assessment

https://www.climatedepot.com/2023/11/19/bidens-national-climate-assessment-report-acknowledges-that-lgbtq-people-are-more-vulnerable-to-the-climate-crisis/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
This rates a Fishrrman...
EGADS !!!

Online mountaineer

Sexual and gender minorities (SGMs) face social, economic, and health disparities ...
That's because of their perverse lifestyle and mental illness, not the weather.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
This is pure speculation on my part, but I would think that LGBTQ people would be LESS affected by climate change because they spend more time naked than the rest of us.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
This is pure speculation on my part, but I would think that LGBTQ people would be LESS affected by climate change because they spend more time naked than the rest of us.
Likely they are too close to the beach and fear drowning. Like in the days of Noah, sea level rise has become one of their key boogeymen, even as they lap up multimillion dollar beach houses.

I thought the concept "Venice on the Hudson" had a nice ring to it and would be marketable, even if being in on the ground floor might not be so attractive long term.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

The people who wrote up this report know this is nonsense

This is probably nothing more than an attempt to shore up a Democrat Party constituency
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy