Author Topic: 2018 Studies: Three Studies Confirm Volcanism Is Melting West Antarctic Glaciers, Not Global Warming  (Read 148 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
2018 Studies: Three Studies Confirm Volcanism Is Melting West Antarctic Glaciers, Not Global Warming
By Marc Morano
November 9, 2023
11:12 am

https://www.plateclimatology.com/three-new-studies-confirm-volcanism-is-melting-west-antarctic-glaciers-not-global-warming

by James Kamis

Three new research studies confirm that geothermal heat flow, not man-made global warming, is the dominant cause of West Antarctic Ice Sheet (WAIS) melting, greatly strengthening the basic premises of Plate Climatology Theory.

Three New Antarctic Studies_Image 1.png
Figure 1: Outlined in red is West Antarctica’s subglacial Marie Byrd bedrock mantle plume “hotspot”. Red shading shows West Antarctic Ice Sheet (WAIS) thinning from 1992 to 2017 (credit research study to NASA, mantle plume outline by J. Kamis).

JUNE 22, 2018, RESEARCH STUDY
This study, entitled “Evidence of an active volcanic heat source beneath the Pine Island Glacier“, proves that the Pine Island Glacier of West Antarctica is melting and retreating from geothermal heat from a currently active subglacial volcano, not man-made global warming. See NSF’s press release here.

A previous Climate Change Dispatch (CCD) article posted on December 5, 2014, illustrated the presence of glacial ice melting from bedrock heat flow in the Pine Island Glacial Valley (see here).

https://www.climatedepot.com/2023/11/09/2018-studies-three-studies-confirm-volcanism-is-melting-west-antarctic-glaciers-not-global-warming/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
IIRC, Arctic sea ice thinning years ago that produced a panic was also related to submarine volcanism.

But, confirmation bias being what it is, the acolytes of the warming cult only look at what makes them think they are right, not all of the evidence.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis