Author Topic: Pentagon teams with MIT on artificial intelligence, big-data education  (Read 158 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pentagon teams with MIT on artificial intelligence, big-data education
By Colin Demarest
 Nov 16, 02:43 PM

WASHINGTON — Classes on and insights into the fields of artificial intelligence, big-data analytics and wireless communications technologies are now available across the U.S. Department of Defense courtesy of an arrangement with a prominent school.

The Defense Department’s Chief Digital and AI Office, or CDAO, on Nov. 16 announced the launch of “Digital On-Demand,” providing both military and civilian workforces access to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology’s online learning library.

The initiative, made possible through the Air and Space forces’ Digital University, is meant to foster a baseline understanding of AI and other emerging technologies, according to Craig Martell, who leads the CDAO. The office was established in 2021 to expedite the defense world’s embrace of AI and best-in-class data practices.

https://www.defensenews.com/artificial-intelligence/2023/11/16/pentagon-teams-with-mit-on-artificial-intelligence-big-data-education/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Pentagon teams with MIT on artificial intelligence, big-data education
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2023, 03:36:27 pm »
Given the way Harvard has supported Hamas, I wonder if it's wise to team with them on anything?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson