Author Topic: Poll: DeSantis Plummets to Single Digits, Third Place in Texas GOP Primary  (Read 21937 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Poll: DeSantis Plummets to Single Digits, Third Place in Texas GOP Primary

Hannah Bleau Knudsen 14 Nov 2023
Former President Donald Trump is trouncing his Republican challengers in the Texas primary race as Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis falls to third place, the latest CWSResearch/Defend Texas Liberty PAC Texas survey found.

The survey asked respondents, “If the upcoming 2024 Republican Primary for president were held today, and the candidates were Donald Trump, Ron DeSantis, Chris Christie, Tim Scott, Nikki Haley, Mike Pence, Vivek Ramaswamy, and Doug Burgum, for whom would you vote?”

Notably, both former Vice President Mike Pence and South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott have since dropped out of the GOP primary race.

https://twitter.com/IAPolls2022/status/1723747643795411107

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/11/14/poll-desantis-falls-to-single-digits-third-place-in-texas-gop-primary/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Poll: DeSantis Plummets to Single Digits, Third Place in Texas GOP Primary
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2023, 10:11:28 pm »
So I think realistically and unfortunately DeSantis is losing momentum. Also, if hypothetically Trump becomes the nominee and selects Haley for his VP and it is found later that Trump can't run, that would give Haley a better chance at being the nominee.

IMHO I believe that Haley will be the GOP nominee anyways. Does she have a chance at the WH?  It depends.  IF Joe steps down, which is likely, that makes Harris the nominee and then we'll have two females vying for the title of first female president.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2023, 07:27:42 pm »
DeSantis falls to fourth place behind Christie and Haley in New Hampshire: Poll
Washington Examiner, Nov 15, 2023

Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL), originally perceived as the toughest Republican primary challenger to former President Donald Trump, is falling from grace in key battleground states such as New Hampshire, with more candidates ahead of him in the polls than just Trump.

A new poll from 7News/Emerson College released on Wednesday found that 7% of voters would support DeSantis in the 2024 GOP primary, a significant decline from polling at 17% in March. Even former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, who has maintained relatively low polling numbers in most GOP battleground states, has surpassed DeSantis, with 9% of voters stating they would support the former New Jersey governor in the primary.

"For the last year, we’ve been looking at Ron DeSantis/Donald Trump race, and now it looks like Nikki Haley is the alternative instead of Ron DeSantis at this point,” said Spencer Kimball, 7News/Emerson College pollster. “You know, about a year ago, Ron DeSantis was at 17%. Now he’s down to 7%. And when we look at a candidate like Nikki Haley, since August, she’s gone from 4% up to 18%."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/campaigns/desantis-falls-fourth-place-behind-christie-haley-new-hampshire

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2023, 09:31:12 pm »
That's too bad. I didn't hear much of it, granted, but his interview today with Glenn Beck demonstrated to me that this is the man to take the reins in 2024.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2023, 09:31:37 pm »
Well, I didn't decide to support DeSantis because I believed he'd probably win the nomination.  I decided to support him because the GOP frontrunner is unacceptable, and I think DeSantis would make a great President.  Still do.

So....I'm supporting the guy as long as he is in the race.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2023, 09:37:15 pm »
DeSantis' precipitous fall is just more proof of how screwed this country is.  When even the GOP turns its full back on the most conservative candidate, you can pretty much turn out the lights.

And rising is BITCH Haley, who strongly wants no more anonymity in discourse of on-line discussion of political matters.

Yep. folks......  turn out the lights.   Stock Up.....   and Hunker Down.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 09:38:20 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2023, 09:38:54 pm »
DeSantis' precipitous fall is just more proof of how screwed this country is.  When even the GOP turns its full back on the most conservate candidate, you can pretty much turn out the lights.

And rising is BITCH Haley, who strongly wants no more anonymity in discourse of on-line discussion of political matters.

And it is 100% the fault of voters.  Not Soros, not the Uniparty, not the Deep State.

Citizens.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2023, 09:39:43 pm »
Well, I didn't decide to support DeSantis because I believed he'd probably win the nomination.  I decided to support him because the GOP frontrunner is unacceptable, and I think DeSantis would make a great President.  Still do.

100% agree.  None of the others trying for the nomination left is acceptable in my opinion.  None of them.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2023, 09:44:04 pm »
And it is 100% the fault of voters.  Not Soros, not the Uniparty, not the Deep State.

Citizens.

Yep.... Citizens from both parties who comprise the entitement state.   The concept of hard work, saving, wise investing, and wealth accumulation is quickly becoming a process for suckers.   Haley even suggested that people who pay into social security their whole life shouldn't collect a check if they exceed an income threshold.

I hope the bitch burns in hell.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2023, 10:02:59 pm »
DeSantis' precipitous fall is just more proof of how screwed this country is.  When even the GOP turns its full back on the most conservative candidate, you can pretty much turn out the lights.

Our fate has been sealed.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2023, 10:05:47 pm »
Yep.... Citizens from both parties who comprise the entitement state.   The concept of hard work, saving, wise investing, and wealth accumulation is quickly becoming a process for suckers.   Haley even suggested that people who pay into social security their whole life shouldn't collect a check if they exceed an income threshold.

I hope the bitch burns in hell.

@catfish1957 Who would be worse?  Haley or Trump? Perhaps Trump will pick her as his running mate.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2023, 10:13:28 pm »
I always like to know the source of information ...

CWSResearch/Defend Texas Liberty PAC Texas

1.) CWS Research LLC

2.) Defend Texas Liberty PAC Texas

Information sources deserve scrutiny amidst the tsunami of social media influence campaigns that voters are subjected to.

My personal opinion is that Defend Texas Liberty PAC is probably pro-Trump.  I base my opinion upon its former president's, Jonathan Stickland, October meeting with alleged white supremacist, Nick Fuentes.  Fascist birds of a feather goosestep together.

Another personal opinion is that Defend Texas Liberty PAC is one, of many, amplifiers in a conservative echo chamber that aims to influence voters by repeatedly echoing that Desantis has lost to Trump ... before a single Primary vote has been cast.

Feel free to do research and form your own opinion.

As always, I reserve my God-given right to be wrong and stupid.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2023, 10:30:25 pm »
Awww, come on now!   You're pulling my leg!!

One could find posts by each and every one of you Ron DeSantis fans in your history where you said essentially the same thing about Ted Cruz.

Admit it!

You're total FLOPS when it comes to political prognosticating. 

If this were the MLB, you'd been put on the bus long ago...right @catfish1957 ??   :tongue2:

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2023, 10:39:44 pm »
Awww, come on now!   You're pulling my leg!!

One could find posts by each and every one of you Ron DeSantis fans in your history where you said essentially the same thing about Ted Cruz.

Admit it!

You're total FLOPS when it comes to political prognosticating. 

If this were the MLB, you'd been put on the bus long ago...right @catfish1957 ??   :tongue2:

you think this is about shot-calling @DCPatriot ?

Offline libertybele

« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2023, 11:14:03 pm »

**nononono*  **nononono*  We are flippin' rapidly losing our country. At this rate, I just don't see us making it to the '24 election anyways.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2023, 11:18:48 pm »
**nononono*  **nononono*  We are flippin' rapidly losing our country. At this rate, I just don't see us making it to the '24 election anyways.

I am nowhere near as pessimistic as you are. In fact, a lot of it is turning around. Politics is bound to trail the rest, but there are plenty of reasons to proclaim that hope is not dead.  :beer:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2023, 11:36:48 pm »
I do not try to be a soothsayer, just an opinionated ignoramus who may be right 1/1000th of the time.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2023, 11:46:10 pm »
  @roamer_1

Yes...predicting the outcome and discussing it with members.  I go elsewhere to hear 'preaching'.

Whether it's a rookie phenom...a thoroughbred...a presidential candidate

You're damned right.  And you suck at it.   :tongue2:

In my DNA from USENET sports boards in the 90's

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2023, 11:56:17 pm »
  @roamer_1

Yes...predicting the outcome and discussing it with members.  I go elsewhere to hear 'preaching'.

Whether it's a rookie phenom...a thoroughbred...a presidential candidate

You're damned right.  And you suck at it.   :tongue2:

In my DNA from USENET sports boards in the 90's

@DCPatriot

Funny that... because my called shots say Tumpy will win the primary, but lose the general. That's  what I have said, on the record. But that won't stop me from backing DeSantis, because voting is not supposed to be about team play - In fact the Founders spoke directly against it. If you want to look at called shots, look to them... because they saw your kind of thinking 200 years ago.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2023, 11:57:36 pm by roamer_1 »

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2023, 12:32:44 am »
@DCPatriot

Funny that... because my called shots say Tumpy will win the primary, but lose the general. That's  what I have said, on the record. But that won't stop me from backing DeSantis, because voting is not supposed to be about team play - In fact the Founders spoke directly against it. If you want to look at called shots, look to them... because they saw your kind of thinking 200 years ago.

@roamer_1

Nice try there...we're not talking about much as the future ...talking about your pathetic acumen thus far.

:tongue2:   :laugh: 

You were a Ted Cruz guy!  FAIL!
You are a DeSantis guy!  FAIL!

In the meantime, I called it while he was riding the escalator. 

:pondering:   must be a gift!    :laugh:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #21 on: November 16, 2023, 12:44:22 am »

I think the 2024 election is already over for president regardless who the GOP nominee is. We've been on a loosing streak since Trump got lucky in 2016

The state of the country and Biden's cognitive issues are already baked in and it didn't matter in 2022 and this year

No reason to think that "winning" streak is going to change.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 12:46:30 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #22 on: November 16, 2023, 12:46:01 am »
@roamer_1

Nice try there...we're not talking about much as the future ...talking about your pathetic acumen thus far.

And you are a $2 trillion deficit guy.

Donald Trump!  PASS!
Joe Biden!  PASS!
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #23 on: November 16, 2023, 01:32:38 am »
@roamer_1

:tongue2:   :laugh: 

In the meantime, I called it while he was riding the escalator. 

:pondering:   must be a gift!    :laugh:

@DCPatriot
The sad part is, while backing both Cruz and DeSantis was no fail at all, you are blind to the fact, thinking that it is.

The failure was Tumpy.. And it will be again. So get your strut on all you want. It is meaningless.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 01:35:18 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2023, 01:49:44 am »
I'm a Trump voter. Everyone here knows that.

Over the past few months, I haven't taken personal shots at Ron DeSantis. There was no reason to do so. He's doing a fine job as governor of Florida, he's probably the most effective Republican governor today.

But it was a mistake for him to attempt a challenge against the obvious nominee, at least this time 'round. All that's resulted from this is bad political blood that didn't need to be shed. He's just not ready yet.

I will look forward to Mr. DeSantis running again in 2028 -- regardless of whether or not Mr. Trump wins or loses. 4 years from now, Mr. DeSantis will have completed two full terms as governor, and will have 2027 and 2028 to prepare for his run at the presidency.

And I'm also on record in this forum for stating that I realize that even Mr. Trump will have a difficult time defeating The Party's underground and above-ground election apparatus in 2024. I rate his chances as no better than 50-50, maybe even not quite that good. The left is growing too strong in too many places.

But having said that, I can confidently predict that not one other Republican presidential nominee -- NO ONE -- would have a better chance than Mr. Trump at winning, regardless.

Nikki Haley?
Tim Scott?
Chris Christie?
Ramaswamy?

C'mon folks, stop the b.s.

For many of the posters in this forum -- members who are certainly smarter than me -- it's time to look reality in the face.

Win or lose, you know who "the candidate" is gonna be for our side.
You can vote for the party when the time comes, or... shirk away in your self-satisfaction.

Carry on...