Author Topic: Marine Corps Arms JLTV With AI-Enabled Drone-Incinerating Laser  (Read 279 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Marine Corps Arms JLTV With AI-Enabled Drone-Incinerating Laser
« on: November 12, 2023, 03:26:04 pm »
Marine Corps Arms JLTV With AI-Enabled Drone-Incinerating Laser
The Marine Corps is arming its Joint Light Tactical Vehicle with an AI-enabled, drone-killing laser weapon
KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATION18 HOURS AGO
By Kris Osborn, President, Center for Military Modernization

The Marine Corps is arming its Joint Light Tactical Vehicle with an AI-enabled, drone-killing laser weapon engineered to find, track and incinerate enemy threats in the air with what the Corps hopes is paradigm-changing speed, precision and ground-to-air fire.

The office of Naval Research and the Naval Surface Warfare Center have awarded a deal to a weapons maker called “BlueHalo” to integrate its LOCUST HEL High-Energy-Laser onto the JLTV to bring mobile counter-UAS to the Corps in an unprecedented way. The laser is a key part of an integrated Corps ground-defense system called Marine Air Defense Integrated Systems (MADIS).

“The LOCUST system combines precision optical and laser hardware with advanced software, artificial intelligence (AI), and processing to enable and enhance the directed energy “kill chain”, which includes tracking, identifying, and engaging a wide variety of targets with its hard-kill HEL,” a published essay from BlueHalo says.

https://warriormaven.com/sea/marine-corps-arms-jltv-with-ai-enabled-drone-incinerating-laser
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson