Author Topic: Space Force Plans 21 National Security Launches in 2024  (Read 268 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Space Force Plans 21 National Security Launches in 2024
« on: November 05, 2023, 03:14:51 pm »
Space Force Plans 21 National Security Launches in 2024
Nov. 2, 2023 | By Unshin Lee Harpley

The Space Force aims to boost its National Security Space Launch (NSSL) program from 12 launches in fiscal 2023 to 21 missions in 2024, with United Launch Alliance (ULA) responsible for 11 missions and SpaceX handling 10.

Nailing down all the contracting will come in phases, however, as the 2024 budget has yet to pass Congress and be signed into law. Fiscal 2024 began on Oct. 1, but the government is operating under a continuing resolution as lawmakers wrangle over differences.

“The government is only ordering eight missions now, due to continuing resolution,” said Col. Doug Pentecost, deputy program executive officer for Space Systems Command’s Assured Access to Space (SSC/AATS).

If the full program is executed, the launches and associated activities will pay $1.30 billion to ULA and $1.23 billion to SpaceX, Pentecost said.

https://www.airandspaceforces.com/space-force-plans-21-national-security-launches-in-2024/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson