Author Topic: Navy SEALs Face Stringent Drug Testing Amid Concerns Over Performance-Enhancing Substances  (Read 225 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Navy SEALs Face Stringent Drug Testing Amid Concerns Over Performance-Enhancing Substances

by Guy McCardle
21 hours ago

The upcoming drug-testing regimen for Navy SEALs is a crucial step towards mitigating the potential abuse of performance-enhancing drugs, reflecting a broader concern for these highly trained military personnel’s long-term health and operational readiness. This initiative is sparked by notable incidents and growing worries about the reckless use of such substances within the elite forces, especially following the tragic death of Seaman Kyle Mullen, whose situation brought the dark reality into the spotlight.

Key Details of the Testing Regimen
Commencement: The testing is slated to commence in November, with the Navy being the first to initiate this regimen among the US military branches. Following the Navy’s lead, the US Army Special Operations Command also intends to implement a similar testing protocol, although the exact timeline remains unclear. Other branches, like the US Air Force and the Marine Corps, haven’t yet requested a similar policy.

Substances to be Tested: The substances to be scrutinized under this testing protocol encompass anabolic steroids, growth hormones, and agents augmenting blood capacity, along with any substances capable of masking steroid use.

https://sofrep.com/news/navy-seals-face-stringent-drug-testing-amid-concerns-over-performance-enhancing-substances/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
From what I've seen, I think drug testing of members of the Biden administration is needed more. :drunk:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
From what I've seen, I think drug testing of members of the Biden administration is needed more. :drunk:
Agreed. They've been caught both falling asleep at the podium and agitated at nearly the same time.

It isn't like the SEALs can just nod off in the water somewhere.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis