Author Topic: Pentagon setting up six massive radar sites in north-west U.S. and Canada in case Russia fires new l  (Read 250 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pentagon setting up six massive radar sites in north-west U.S. and Canada in case Russia fires new low-flying HYPERSONIC cruise missiles over the NORTH POLE
The U.S. is boosting its radar systems in the wake of the Chinese spy balloon incident earlier this year
'Over-the horizon' radar will allow early detection of any threats coming in over the Arctic
By NICK ALLEN FOR DAILYMAIL.COM

PUBLISHED: 13:20 EDT, 24 October 2023 | UPDATED: 15:22 EDT, 24 October 2023

The Pentagon is setting up six new massive radar facilities in the northwestern US and Canada to detect hypersonic Russian low-flying cruise missiles that could be fired over the North Pole.

It comes as NORAD - the North American Aerospace Defense Command - seeks to plug detection gaps after radar failed to detect the arrival of a Chinese spy balloon that sailed across the U.S. earlier this year.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12667309/Hypersonic-nuclear-missiles-Russia-Putin-Pentagon-Arctic-north-pole-radar.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I recall, not so many years ago when radar sites were dismantled across the northern CONUS. Along with them, as a 'cost saving' measure doppler sites were closed down as well. (There is still a large, if sparsely populated, portion of Montana, Wyoming, South, and North Dakota that has no coverage.Next time there is a major storm set through the region, I'll grab a screenshot showing the limits. I haven't posted it, ever, though I have observed it multiple times, because it might represent a corridor of vulnerability.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Another "Fishrrman stupid question" (I'm full of 'em):

Even if radar is able to detect these "hypersonic" missiles, aren't they moving so rapidly that there will be next-to-no-time to react and respond to them?

(Unless such detection and interception is governed by computers and artificial intelligence...)