Author Topic: Veterans Who Are Younger, Female and LGBTQ Are Reporting More Mental Health Issues, Study Finds.  (Read 326 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Veterans Who Are Younger, Female and LGBTQ Are Reporting More Mental Health Issues, Study Finds.
Kelsey Baker
Wed, October 25, 2023 at 3:20 PM EDT·3 min read

Veterans who are female, LGBTQ and served after 9/11 are more likely to have experienced recent serious psychological distress compared to other veteran groups, according to a report released this week.

But while younger veterans are more likely to experience that distress, they're also more inclined to proactively seek out mental health services and drug or alcohol abuse treatment, according to the report. These post 9/11 vets are part of a generation that is more racially and ethnically diverse than prior groups of vets.

"The demographics of the active-duty force and veterans has been changing," said study co-author Megan Schuler, a researcher at the Rand Corp. think tank, in a phone interview with Military.com. "It's become more racially diverse, and there's been increasing numbers of women and growing appreciation of LGBT folks serving. And these subpopulations, just like in the general U.S. population, have different health and socioeconomic needs."

https://news.yahoo.com/veterans-younger-female-lgbtq-reporting-192011527.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
As part of the military wokeness campaign, they need to give each new recruit their own, personalized, crying towel. 8888crybaby
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

Official Military Issue Boo Boo Bear:

Hugs are love's bullets.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2023, 04:09:00 pm by DefiantMassRINO »
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright