Author Topic: Will the US Way of War Work in Gaza?  (Read 219 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Will the US Way of War Work in Gaza?
« on: October 25, 2023, 04:04:26 pm »
Will the US Way of War Work in Gaza?
Published 10/20/23 09:00 AM ET
Harlan Ullman

The United States has a unique way of waging war. Simply put, it relies on a combined joint force operating across the sea, air, land, undersea, cyber and space domains, which it will dominate, achieving superiority over possible adversaries. This requires fielding the most technically advanced weapons and sensor systems, integrated and coordinated with its naval, air, land and space forces.

Furthermore, the U.S. has often tried to impose its way of war on friends and partners that did not possess these levels of technology. The U.S. tried this in Vietnam. While that was a counter-insurgency war, the North Vietnamese finally won using conventional land, and not guerrilla, forces.

The U.S. repeated this in Afghanistan, despite the cultural divides that were centuries apart. I recall visiting the grand opening of the training academy in Kabul for junior and non-commissioned officers. The first requirement was to use indoor plumbing, which was foreign to most. When the U.S. withdrew in 2021, that included contractors.

Contractors were responsible for keeping the Afghan military functioning. They ran training, maintenance for weapons systems such as helicopters and armored vehicles, and all communications and most logistics. With their removal, the Afghan military had no chance of remaining a functioning or fighting force.

https://themessenger.com/opinion/gaza-hamas-israel-urban-warfare-military-strategy
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online DefiantMassRINO

Re: Will the US Way of War Work in Gaza?
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2023, 04:32:47 pm »
The Gaza conflict is not limited to Gaza.  It is a regional asymmetric war launched by Iran.

To "win", the Iranian Axis of Resistence - Houthis, Hamas, Hezbollah, and the Iranian Revolutionary Guard need to be defeated or severly degraded.

A natural alliance against Iran would be the United States, Israel, Saudi Arabia, Kurds, Iraqi Sunnis, Yemeni's, Omani's, and Syrian rebels.

The first strike needs to be debilitating and decisive ... before Iran's friends Russia and China can come to its defense.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.