Author Topic: *** Speaker Election Livewire *** Louisiana Emerges as Center of GOP Universe as Mike Johnson Eyes G  (Read 5091 times)

Online libertybele

Gaetz has done the unthinkable. He not only got rid of the Establishment Loyalist McCarthy, but ended up replacing him with a real conservative. It just shows what can happen when a handful of men and a woman demand people do what they agreed to do.

Amen. From the little research that I have done on him, he leans conservative.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online libertybele

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Well crap. 

He seems like a 100% Trumper, so that's mostly disappointing for me. But they had to elect someone and it might as well have been him.  Time to actually start voting on things, which is the only action that really ends up mattering in the end.

FU! To borrow a line from Tony Buzbee, The Boehner era ends today!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online libertybele

Well crap. 

He seems like a 100% Trumper, so that's mostly disappointing for me. But they had to elect someone and it might as well have been him.  Time to actually start voting on things, which is the only action that really ends up mattering in the end.

Here is his record on key issues.  I have not looked up his actual Congressional voting record.  It appears he leans conservative, and there has been some negative noise from the left, which is a good sign.

https://www.ontheissues.org/House/Mike_Johnson.htm
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 08:37:36 pm by libertybele »

Online libertybele

FU! To borrow a line from Tony Buzbee, The Boehner era ends today!

pillowfight33333 :hands:   The Boehner era ends.   :beer:

Offline DefiantMassRINO

All I want is for legislation to be put to the Floor for a vote.

No more of this back-room "framework" horse pucky.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
This is all I want to hear

Mike Johnson Strongly Supports Impeachment Inquiry into Joe Biden

Newly elected Speaker of the House Mike Johnson (R-LA) is a strong advocate of the House’s impeachment inquiry into President Joe Biden.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/10/25/mike-johnson-strongly-supports-impeachment-inquiry-into-joe-biden/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bilo

Exactly!

We won't win every battle, but we will know where we need to make changes and we will know who really is with us. I love accountability. The cream will rise to the top.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Unless it is via a discharge petition, which under current rules brings a bill to the floor within 30 days, the relevant committee must vote to send legislation to the floor.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 08:17:51 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

The Columbia Bugle
@ColumbiaBugle

BIG endorsement for Mike Johnson!

Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez
@AOC
5h

Introducing extremist GOP Speaker nominee Mike Johnson.

He was a key architect of the Jan 6th strategy to overturn the US election.

Here he is leading a crowd that’s booing and telling a Congressional correspondent to “shut up” when asking about it. twitter.com/acyn/status/17…

12:15 PM · Oct 25, 2023

« Last Edit: October 25, 2023, 08:23:53 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline corbe

I was waiting for the results of Mike Johnson's tenure BUT if the biggest Trumper (RiV) is posting negative $hit about him already, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.  Maybe he'll smash that platitude laden MTGA (Make Trump Great Again) movement also. :smokin:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

I was waiting for the results of Mike Johnson's tenure BUT if the biggest Trumper (RiV) is posting negative $hit about him already, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.  Maybe he'll smash that platitude laden MTGA (Make Trump Great Again) movement also. :smokin:

I love when you try to be clever.  :laugh:

Offline corbe

Thank You @Right_in_Virginia It means so much to me!
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Benny Johnson
@bennyjohnson

WE HAVE A SPEAKER: Who is Rep. Mike Johnson of Louisiana?

-He’s America First & MAGA
-Ally of the House Freedom Caucus
-His mentor is Jim Jordan
-He served as legal defense for Trump during both impeachment trials
-Voted against all Ukraine spending after the initial bill
-He has an F rating from 'Republicans for Ukraine'
-Objected to certifying 2020 election fraud
-Called to arrest Pelosi after she tore up the State of the Union

It’s time for We the People to take back OUR HOUSE!

2:07 PM · Oct 25, 2023.

Online libertybele

12:15 PM · Oct 25, 2023

:laugh:  Not to AOC's liking is a plus.

Thank You @Right_in_Virginia It means so much to me!

You're most welcome, my friend.

Online libertybele

Should I see a glimmer of hope or am I fooling myself?

We've got a glimmer!   :beer: