Author Topic: Climate 'loss and damage' talks end in failure  (Read 152 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Climate 'loss and damage' talks end in failure
« on: October 22, 2023, 01:02:19 pm »
 Climate 'loss and damage' talks end in failure

Sat, October 21, 2023 A crucial meeting on climate "loss and damages" ahead of COP28 ended in failure Saturday, with countries from the global north and south unable to reach an agreement, according to sources involved in the talks. The agreement to set up a dedicated fund to help vulnerable countries cope with climate "loss and damage" was a flagship achievement of last year's COP27 talks in Egypt.  But countries left the details to be worked out later. 

A series of talks held this year have tried to tease out consensus on fundamentals like the structure, beneficiaries and contributors -- a key issue for richer nations who want China to pay into the fund. Prospects Every Monday With exclusive interviews and in-depth coverage of the region's most pressing business issues, "Prospects" is the go-to source for staying ahead of the curve in Indonesia's rapidly evolving business landscape. 

This article was published in thejakartapost.com with the title "Climate 'loss and damage' talks end in failure".

Click to read: https://www.thejakartapost.com/business/2023/10/21/climate-loss-and-damage-talks-end-in-failure.html.

The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson