Author Topic: Biden’s Climate Corps resurrection garners congressional pushback  (Read 148 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Biden’s Climate Corps resurrection garners congressional pushback
By Bonner Cohen, Ph. D. |October 19th, 2023

Two leading House Republicans have launched an investigation into the Biden White House’s unilateral creation of the American Climate Corps, saying the administration’s move is taking place without congressional authorization.

First rejected by Congress during the Obama administration, and then excluded from last year’s Inflation Reduction Act, the Climate Corps is back, this time anchored in a Sept. 20 executive order issued by President Biden. Fearing the White House was doing an end-run around Congress, House Oversight and Accountability Committee Chairman James Comer (R-Ky., and fellow panel member Rep. Pete Sessions (R-Tx.) have requested that the administration turn over documents and other information relating to the executive branch’s establishment of the Climate Corps.

Specifically, Comer and Sessions instructed the administration to furnish all documents revealing the total cost of the Climate Corps and all communications with partnering federal agencies, state governments, and advocacy groups, The Washington Times reported (Oct. 16). All documents are to be turned over by Oct. 27, and a staff-level briefing is to take place before Oct. 20.

https://www.cfact.org/2023/10/19/bidens-climate-corps-resurrection-garners-congressional-pushback/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson