Author Topic: There Are No Good Options For Israel and America  (Read 240 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
There Are No Good Options For Israel and America
« on: October 20, 2023, 02:40:40 pm »
October 20, 2023
There Are No Good Options For Israel and America
By Matt Rowe

There are a lot of interesting responses in the United States to the October 7 Hamas attack on Israel. Clearly, the most rational is to be outraged at the rape, kidnapping, and murder of Israeli civilians perpetrated by so-called soldiers of Islam. They are not soldiers or freedom fighters at all; they are savages unbound by any sense of military discipline or duty to the Palestinian people. If they were soldiers, they would consider Israel’s potential responses and the resulting damage to infrastructure and civilian casualties before launching such a cruel attack. We are very right to be outraged. Hamas has instigated what looks to be a tremendously harsh retribution on the people living in Gaza.

Let me say that we do have a dog in this fight. Hamas killed and kidnapped American citizens, and the US must do everything in its power (except ransom) to rescue them and punish the perpetrators. I support Special Forces rescue attempts and raids into Gaza as appropriate, but I caution against getting overly committed in Israel’s war.

We need to consider the longer-term implications of an Israeli response, which looks to be a full-scale invasion of Gaza before we allow our outrage to lead us into another long and costly war. Arabs and Jews have been fighting for a hundred years, and we only lasted about 20 years in Afghanistan. Just to be clear, our military leadership and political leaders (as if there is any difference) lost the will to continue in Afghanistan because many American voters did. If 9/11 was our reason for going into that country in the first place, then we are not likely sufficiently outraged by 10/7 in Israel.

more
https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2023/10/there_are_no_good_options_for_israel_and_america.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
Re: There Are No Good Options For Israel and America
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2023, 10:34:10 pm »
I disagree.  Israel has one action to execute. 

TOTAL ANNIHILATION OF ALL IN GAZA.  ANY OTHER CONSIDERATION IS INVITING MORE AND WORSE SUCH ATTACKS IN THE FUTURE