Author Topic: U.S. Navy SHOOTS DOWN Missiles Fired By Iranian-Backed Terrorists  (Read 271 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

U.S. Navy SHOOTS DOWN Missiles Fired By Iranian-Backed Terrorists
ByAdminPublished on October 19, 2023

The United States Navy shot down drones and cruise missiles fired by Iranian-backed terrorists in Yemen that officials say were potentially headed toward Israel.

The USS Carney, a destroyer, was sailing in the northern Red Sea when it detected and shot down three cruise missiles and multiple drones that were launched by the Houthis in Yemen.

“We cannot say for certain what these missiles and drones were targeting, but they were launched from Yemen heading north along the Red Sea, potentially towards targets in Israel,” said Brig. Gen. Patrick Ryder, a spokesperson for the Department of Defense.

https://republicandaily.com/2023/10/u-s-navy-shoots-down-missiles-fired-by-iranian-backed-terrorists/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
US troops overseas thwart multiple drone attacks in just days
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2023, 04:12:40 pm »
US troops overseas thwart multiple drone attacks in just days
By Meghann Myers
 Oct 19, 05:45 PM

Hours after news outlets first reported Thursday on two separate drone strikes on bases housing U.S. troops in Syria, the Defense Department confirmed that the destroyer Carney shot down multiple missiles fired by Houthi insurgents in the Red Sea the same day.

The ship intercepted three cruise missiles and several drones, Air Force Brig. Gen. Pat Ryder, a Pentagon spokesman, told reporters during a briefing.

“We cannot say for certain what these missiles were targeting, but they were launched from Yemen, along the Red Sea, potentially towards targets in Israel,” he said. “This attack may be ongoing, so if we have more information to share, we will.”

Despite the increase in attacks following the strong messaging by the U.S. in support of Israel as it goes to war with Hamas, Ryder said the Pentagon is not considering the events related.

https://www.militarytimes.com/news/your-military/2023/10/19/us-troops-overseas-thwart-multiple-drone-attacks-in-just-days/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline MOD8

Re: U.S. Navy SHOOTS DOWN Missiles Fired By Iranian-Backed Terrorists
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2023, 04:40:17 pm »
@rangerrebew, please do not post multiple threads about the same story.