Author Topic: BREAKING: Top GOP donors now REFUSE to give money to Trump contenders, seeing primary chances fade a  (Read 297 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
AMERICAN NEWS Oct 18, 2023
BREAKING: Top GOP donors now REFUSE to give money to Trump contenders, seeing primary chances fade and Trump victory inevitable
"It’s becoming clear the cavalry’s not coming."

Libby Emmons
Brooklyn NY
Oct 18, 2023

President Donald Trump pulled in a massive $45.5 million in donations in the third quarter of 2023, holds $36 million in cash for the primary election to secure the GOP nomination, and the rest of the Republican field is losing the support of the party's megadonors. Those donors can see that Trump is far and away going to be the GOP nominee for president in 2024.

Many of these donors are the same ones who attempted to use their spending power to stop Trump from winning the 2016 election against Hillary Clinton. These donors are seeing that Trump has all but secured the 2024 GOP nomination for president, and are holding back on giving money to his rivals. "The competitive GOP primary eight years ago saw an earlier and higher level of donor engagement, particularly from financial industry leaders," the Wall Street Journal reports.

"It’s becoming clear the cavalry’s not coming," longtime GOP strategist Ken Spain said, per WSJ. "The donor community has come to recognize the strength of Trump and the difficulty in dislodging a major part of the base from him. You’re tilting at windmills if you try."

https://thepostmillennial.com/breaking-top-gop-donors-now-refuse-to-give-money-to-trump-contenders-seeing-primary-chances-fade-and-trump-victory-inevitable
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Maybe so.  I just hope challengers stay in the race for a long time so that everyone understands that not all Republicans are Trumpers.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024