Author Topic: Trump torpedoes ‘false and ridiculous’ tale that he gave away nuclear submarine secrets  (Read 512 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump torpedoes ‘false and ridiculous’ tale that he gave away nuclear submarine secrets
October 7, 2023 | Chris Donaldson

Republican frontrunner Donald J. Trump dismissed a report alleging that he spilled secrets about the capability of U.S. nuclear submarines as fake news.

According to ABC News, the former president “discussed potentially sensitive information” about the nation’s submarine fleet to an Australian businessman who then allegedly passed it on to dozens of other people.

The story was amplified by Maggie Haberman of The New York Times and dominated Thursday night’s programming on CNN, America’s foremost anti-Trump propaganda outlet despite it being once again, based on the usual anonymous sources.

On Friday, the former president reacted to the report – which appears to be based on more leaks from underhanded special counsel Jack Smith – dismissing it as more of the same malarkey that has been a fixture of media coverage since he rode down the Trump Tower escalator in 2015 to declare his improbable White House candidacy.

“The ridiculous story put out today about me talking to a Mar-a-Lago member about U.S. Submarines, is false and ridiculous, other than the fact that I will often state that we make the best Submarines and Military Equipment anywhere in the World—A pretty well known fact!” Trump wrote on Truth Social.

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/10/07/trump-torpedoes-false-and-ridiculous-tale-that-he-gave-away-nuclear-submarine-secrets-1402229/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline the OlLine Rebel

Haven’t paid much attention, but he states “Mar-a-Lago member”?  What does that mean?  Why would an Australian (I thought it was a New Zealand guy) be a “member”?
Common sense is an uncommon virtue.

Online mountaineer

I believe this story already has been debunked and CBS News has had to admit that what they reported didn't actually happen. I don't know whether ABC also has conceded it was fake.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

I believe this story already has been debunked and CBS News has had to admit that what they reported didn't actually happen. I don't know whether ABC also has conceded it was fake.

"News" orgs publishing Too-Perfect-To-Factcheck Stories is a Trump-caused or -augmented phenomenon.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
If he denies it, alas, now I have all the more reason to believe it. Let's face it: the guy almost never tells the truth.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Right_in_Virginia

If he denies it, alas, now I have all the more reason to believe it. Let's face it: the guy almost never tells the truth.

@jmyrlefuller  ICYMI-----

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
"News" orgs publishing Too-Perfect-To-Factcheck Stories is a Trump-caused or -augmented phenomenon.
Not really. This isn't just about Trump. Recall Dan Rather and the fake National Guard Memos they tried to use against 'W'.
The Left's objective is to win by any means necessary ("the ends justify the means") and it has been going on for a long time.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Lies on page one, above the fold, in bold.

Retractions back in the public notices in 8 pt. type.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis