Author Topic: ‘Imposter’ wanted for homicide arrested at El Paso border crossing  (Read 206 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Imposter’ wanted for homicide arrested at El Paso border crossing
by: Fernie Ortiz

Posted: Sep 29, 2023 / 04:49 PM CDT

Updated: Sep 29, 2023 / 04:49 PM CDT

EL PASO, Texas (Border Report) — A man wanted in connection with a homicide in Central Texas was arrested after attempting to fake his way through the border into El Paso on Tuesday.

Jesus Javier Rios, 47, arrived in the U.S. from Mexico at the Paso Del Norte Bridge in Downtown El Paso.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection said although he presented a Texas-issued identification card, officers believed he was an “imposter” making a false claim of U.S. citizenship and conducted a secondary screening.

Border officers scanned his fingerprints and determined that Rios was not the man on the ID card but rather a man wanted for homicide in Tarrant County, Texas.

https://www.borderreport.com/immigration/border-crime/imposter-wanted-for-homicide-arrested-at-el-paso-border-crossing/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson