Author Topic: RFK Jr. Warns ‘Next Step’ Is Military Advisers in Ukraine: ‘Have They Forgotten’ Vietnam?  (Read 522 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
RFK Jr. Warns ‘Next Step’ Is Military Advisers in Ukraine: ‘Have They Forgotten’ Vietnam?

Kristina Wong 28 Sep 2023

Democrat presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. warned on Thursday that the “next step of Ukraine War escalation” is stationing United States military advisers on the ground.

He flagged a recent article by Foreign Affairs titled “Why America Should Send Military Advisers to Ukraine: On-the-Ground Help Will Bolster Kyiv Without Risking Escalation.”

He posted on X: “Establishment journal Foreign Affairs signals the next step of Ukraine War escalation: stationing U.S. military advisors on the ground. Have they forgotten how we got embroiled in Vietnam?”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/09/28/rfk-jr-warns-next-step-military-advisers-ukraine-forgotten-vietnam/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The parallels are starting to look interesting. Are we ready to fire off nukes?
The Republic is lost.

Online mountaineer

Pretty sure I read several weeks ago that American military personnel already are there.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Kamaji

On what basis?  Ukraine is not failing the way that South Vietnam and the French were failing.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
On what basis?  Ukraine is not failing the way that South Vietnam and the French were failing.

But there is that slow escalation of a proxy war leading to direct intervention.

And that's what the Chinese want.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
People have been saying for 18 months that "the next step is sending advisors", and it still hasn't happened.

Ukraine is not South Vietnam. Their military is far more capable, and were training with NATO forces for years before the Russian invasion.

One of the reasons we had advisors in South Vietnam was to coordinate U.S. air and naval gunfire support, but there isn't any of that in Ukraine.  Any air support they have is their own.

I'd oppose sending "advisors" out into the field in Ukraine.  But I'm not going to oppose aid that doesn't include advisors simply because that might change down the road.

If and when it does, I'll oppose it at that time.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
But there is that slow escalation of a proxy war leading to direct intervention.

And that's what the Chinese want.

Exactly -- a war that isn't ours and we shouldn't be supporting anymore.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online mountaineer

This was 5-1/2 months ago, FWIW:
US troops deployed in Ukraine, Biden spokesperson confirms
 April 12, 2023
 Justin Cooper
American Military News

The U.S. has confirmed there is a “small U.S. military presence” deployed in Ukraine after leaked documents indicated several Western countries had special forces units on the ground amid Russia’s invasion.

National Security Council spokesperson John Kirby told Fox News on Wednesday U.S. troops are in Ukraine, but “are not fighting on the battlefield.”  ...

“There is a small U.S. military presence at the embassy in conjunction with the Defense Attachés office to help us work on accountability of the material that is going in and out of Ukraine.”

“So they’re attached to that embassy and to [the Defense Attaché],” he added.  ...

Offline DefiantMassRINO

////00000////

The guy is nuts, but he is right.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
This was 5-1/2 months ago, FWIW:

Yes, but that turned out to be less than 20 guys whose job it is to ensure the weapons we send are actually being distributed -- which is exactly what people say we should be doing.  They're not out there at the company/battalion level giving tactical advice.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2023, 09:48:56 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online mountaineer

Yes, but that turned out to be less than 20 guys whose job it is to ensure the weapons we send are actually being distributed -- which is exactly what people say we should be doing.
That's why I said FWIW. Wasn't implying it meant they were involved in combat.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"RFK Jr. Warns ‘Next Step’ Is Military Advisers in Ukraine: ‘Have They Forgotten’ Vietnam?"

Sumthin' tells me that they "are there" already...

Offline corbe

I certainly see parallels to our ramp up in S Vietnam.  Truman and Kennedy opposed replacing the French in SE Asia.
  Yet 58000 dead (on our side) convinced Nixon to end that $hit; bombing Cambodia/Laos, Haiphong/Hanoi brought that madness to an end.

I do work for a Woman whose Son is there. He works for the Forest Service (CIA) that's there transferring the weapons and teaching them about them. 

RFK Jr is right on this item, also.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.