Author Topic: LIVE THREAD...Second Republican Presidential Primary Debate  (Read 8140 times)

Offline LMAO

Re: LIVE THREAD...Second Republican Presidential Primary Debate
« Reply #250 on: September 28, 2023, 04:59:27 pm »

He did no such thing.  DeSantis blamed the record - the policy that both Trump and Biden enacted.  Both are guilty of massive increases in the money supply by the printing of money.

Of course he didn't give Biden an out on inflation

But when you're dealing with MAGA, facts don't matter. Only thing that matters is the emotional drive. Screw economics and  history. And no amount of facts and evidence will change their minds. It is what it is

Biden gets the blame for fueling inflation. But Trump laid the groundwork for it
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 05:04:37 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #251 on: September 28, 2023, 04:59:34 pm »
Monica Crowley
@MonicaCrowley

About last night:

Where was the rabid attack on disastrous Bidenomics & the championing of pro-growth economic policies?

Where was the righteous outrage over the weaponization of our most fearsome government agencies?

Where was America First?

In Michigan, coming from Trump 🇺🇸

7:22 AM · Sep 28, 2023

"I want a future that protects American labor, not foreign labor. A future that puts American dreams over foreign profits. And a future that raises American wages, that strengthens American industry, that builds national pride, and that defends this country's dignity."
(Video)

https://twitter.com/TrumpWarRoom/status/1707190709676056888

Offline LMAO

« Reply #252 on: September 28, 2023, 05:00:15 pm »
   Apparently, America First has become bailing out the Unions instead of Ukraine according to Monica.

And expect more bailouts of favored groups should he be elected.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #253 on: September 28, 2023, 05:04:34 pm »
Trump:  "I want a future that protects American labor, not foreign labor. A future that puts American dreams over foreign profits. And a future that raises American wages, that strengthens American industry, that builds national pride, and that defends this country's dignity."

Don't forget free Skittles for everyone.

Personally, I want a future where Big Government is no longer the problem.  Too bad Trump doesn't see it that way.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

« Reply #254 on: September 28, 2023, 05:09:19 pm »
Monica Crowley
@MonicaCrowley

The funniest phrase of the debate?

"When I'm President of the United States..." 😂

10:36 PM · Sep 27, 2023

« Reply #255 on: September 28, 2023, 05:24:34 pm »
He did no such thing.  DeSantis blamed the record - the policy that both Trump and Biden enacted.  Both are guilty of massive increases in the money supply by the printing of money.

DeSantis can't seem to remember his own opinion and record on issues ......  Early onset dementia?

Ronny was quite pleased with his piece of the pie from Trump's AND Biden's administrations.  :shrug:

Ron DeSantis
@GovRonDeSantis

I’m pleased to announce that $250 million in CARES Act funding for rental and mortgage assistance will go to Florida families that have been negatively impacted by the #COVID19 pandemic. More info here – https://bit.ly/2YwuRd6

12:34 PM · Jun 27, 2020

https://twitter.com/GovRonDeSantis/status/1276916891752284162

Jack Poso
@JackPosobiec

Not only did DeSantis celebrate the CARES Act, he took billions from Biden’s spending splurge

DeSantis ‘22 campaign ran ads about bonuses to workers he funded with Biden’s dollars, and used it to hold a FL gas tax holiday the entire month before Election Day

11:11 AM · Sep 28, 2023

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1707412612562989464

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #256 on: September 28, 2023, 05:28:49 pm »
Ron DeSantis
@GovRonDeSantis

I’m pleased to announce that $250 million in CARES Act funding for rental and mortgage assistance will go to Florida families that have been negatively impacted by the #COVID19 pandemic. More info here – https://bit.ly/2YwuRd6

12:34 PM · Jun 27, 2020

Jack Poso
@JackPosobiec

Not only did DeSantis celebrate the CARES Act, he took billions from Biden’s spending splurge

Biden was President in 2020?  Oops.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline LMAO

« Reply #257 on: September 28, 2023, 05:33:49 pm »

Lol

We had a local newspaper that printed an editorial, at the time GWB was pushing for tax cuts, that claimed that Reagan got his tax cuts in 1980 and we had a recession.

I sent them an email at the time not only explaining why were went into recession at that time but pointed out Reagan wasn't president in 1980

DeSantis isn't immune from any COVID criticism but Trump doesn't have the credibility to make it an issue
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 05:35:11 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #258 on: September 28, 2023, 05:54:45 pm »
Lol

We had a local newspaper that printed an editorial, at the time GWB was pushing for tax cuts, that claimed that Reagan got his tax cuts in 1980 and we had a recession.

I sent them an email at the time not only explaining why were went into recession at that time but pointed out Reagan wasn't president in 1980

That seems to be a common theme among Democrats.  They just blurt out the first thing that pops in their heads.  I have had Democrats tell me that George Wallace was a Republican, or that the Dred Scott decision was handed down by a Republican Supreme Court, or that Donald Trump had the greatest economic expansion in US history.  All lies.   All easily disproved.  Yet they come forth from these mouths as easily as breathing for the rest of us.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #259 on: September 28, 2023, 06:16:06 pm »
All these tweets and accusations.

When Trump is actually man enough to debate DeSantis get back to me.

Until then, DeSantis 2024    :patriot: :patriot: :patriot: :patriot:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #260 on: September 28, 2023, 06:19:39 pm »
Of course he didn't give Biden an out on inflation

But when you're dealing with MAGA, facts don't matter. Only thing that matters is the emotional drive. Screw economics and  history. And no amount of facts and evidence will change their minds. It is what it is

Biden gets the blame for fueling inflation. But Trump laid the groundwork for it

Of course he did...after promising during the campaign to eliminate the deficit.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #261 on: September 28, 2023, 06:21:17 pm »

Nevermind.  She's on a roll.

Offline Hoodat

Offline libertybele

« Reply #263 on: September 28, 2023, 06:27:59 pm »

http://twitter.com/scrowder/status/1707208509069164574

Wow!  Ramsy's hair is a bit much.  I wonder if he grew it out for the debate or just fluffed it up a lot, either way it looks hideous.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #264 on: September 28, 2023, 06:33:59 pm »
Because the RINOs and Dims stopped him

Because he didn't know how big the Deep State was but he knows now

The media made Trump's presidency difficult and unpopular

Feel free to add any othe lame MAGA excuses

"Because he got bad advice from...somebody."

"Because people would have been mad at him."
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 06:35:19 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

« Reply #265 on: September 28, 2023, 06:38:33 pm »
i

Methinks you may have missed the point. 

Last evening, Ronny blamed Trump for today's inflation and demanded an explanation.  I would now like Ronny to explain why, if Trump was committing an egregious economic misstep,  he wrapped his sweaty lips around the government teat and sucked billions from the Trump administration, and continued to feed off the Biden administration, as well.

Is it not reasonable to want to know why a man of such "courage" as Ronny DeSantis did not rise in clarion opposition to the spending instead of feasting on it for two years?

Jack Poso
@JackPosobiec

DeSantis ‘22 campaign ran ads about bonuses to workers he funded with Biden’s dollars, and used it to hold a FL gas tax holiday the entire month before Election Day

11:11 AM · Sep 28, 2023

https://twitter.com/JackPosobiec/status/1707412612562989464

@Maj. Bill Martin

« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 06:40:45 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #266 on: September 28, 2023, 06:39:10 pm »
Anyone ever wonder this:

If Christie, Pence, or Haley are the favorites of the GOPe, then why isn't the GOPe helping them?  Everything they have done up to this point helps one candidate and one candidate only.  The same candidate they helped in 2016.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #267 on: September 28, 2023, 06:41:05 pm »
Methinks you may have missed the point. 

I didn't miss the point at all.  DeSantis is being falsely accused of taking money from President Biden in 2020.  Unless your point was to show that there is no difference between Trump spending and Biden spending.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 06:42:38 pm by Hoodat »

Offline LMAO

« Reply #268 on: September 28, 2023, 07:02:19 pm »
The 2024 presidential race appears to be shaping up to be which side will get more from the federal trough

Barry Goldwater

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #269 on: September 28, 2023, 07:05:55 pm »
The 2024 presidential race appears to be shaping up to be which side will get more from the federal trough

And Trump refuses to let Biden outspend him.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #270 on: September 28, 2023, 07:06:20 pm »

Biden v. Trump?

The entitlement slugs win. We lose.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #271 on: September 28, 2023, 07:08:17 pm »
I didn't miss the point at all.  DeSantis is being falsely accused of taking money from President Biden in 2020.  Unless your point was to show that there is no difference between Trump spending and Biden spending.

How do you get that?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline LMAO

« Reply #272 on: September 28, 2023, 07:13:43 pm »
Biden v. Trump?

The entitlement slugs win. We lose.

Despite the chaos of  last nights debate, every one of those on stage yesterday would be better on fiscal matters than Donald Trump

Barry Goldwater

Offline berdie

« Reply #273 on: September 28, 2023, 09:30:31 pm »
From what I have read here (thanks to all for the play by play) and elsewhere, it sounds like this debate was a train wreck that I'm glad I missed. I can get discouraged at times with politics and this sounds like one of those times.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

« Reply #274 on: September 28, 2023, 09:41:15 pm »
There is absolutely nothing inconsistent with the governor of a red state opposing a federal spending program, but nevertheless taking the money for his state if the spending happens anyway.  The people of his state are being taxes for that spending, or at a minimum, are incurring their share of an increased burden of a growing federal debt.  It would be manifestly unfair to the citizens of that state to pay for a program whose benefits go only to other states, but whose burdens they must bear anyway.