Author Topic: LIVE THREAD...Second Republican Presidential Primary Debate  (Read 8145 times)

Offline Kamaji

Re: LIVE THREAD...Second Republican Presidential Primary Debate
« Reply #275 on: September 28, 2023, 09:49:37 pm »
There is absolutely nothing inconsistent with the governor of a red state opposing a federal spending program, but nevertheless taking the money for his state if the spending happens anyway.  The people of his state are being taxes for that spending, or at a minimum, are incurring their share of an increased burden of a growing federal debt.  It would be manifestly unfair to the citizens of that state to pay for a program whose benefits go only to other states, but whose burdens they must bear anyway.   

:thumbsup:

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #276 on: September 28, 2023, 09:50:05 pm »
"Because he got bad advice from...somebody."

"Because people would have been mad at him."
(changes the subject to some spurious out-of-context DeSantis tweet)

Isn't that right?
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
« Reply #277 on: September 28, 2023, 09:59:46 pm »
I really don't know what the point of this debate even was.

Eventually there are some decisions that need to be made. Each of these candidates needs to take a good, hard look at why they're in this race—and if there is some other way of achieving their goals in some other fashion. Assuming these races are not being run for their own narcissism, most of these candidates could drop out and endorse another, stronger candidate.

But we need a strong candidate. We can't let Donald Trump and the absolute evil b*****ds who do his bidding here and elsewhere keep running roughshod over his country. We're in deep trouble on almost every front, and Trump has made almost all of them worse. The only hope of doing that short of Trump dying—and it is absolutely sad that wishing death upon someone is the only way to stop a runaway maniac—is to put up a united front and take these trolls on head-on. Because that's also what it's going to take to take down the Democrats' machine. Drain the swamp, if you will. Trump had his chance and blew it. It's time for someone who can.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #278 on: September 28, 2023, 10:10:30 pm »

Eventually there are some decisions that need to be made. Each of these candidates needs to take a good, hard look at why they're in this race—and if there is some other way of achieving their goals in some other fashion. Assuming these races are not being run for their own narcissism, most of these candidates could drop out and endorse another, stronger candidate.

But we need a strong candidate. We can't let Donald Trump and the absolute evil b*****ds who do his bidding here and elsewhere keep running roughshod over his country. We're in deep trouble on almost every front, and Trump has made almost all of them worse. The only hope of doing that short of Trump dying—and it is absolutely sad that wishing death upon someone is the only way to stop a runaway maniac—is to put up a united front and take these trolls on head-on. Because that's also what it's going to take to take down the Democrats' machine. Drain the swamp, if you will. Trump had his chance and blew it. It's time for someone who can.

@jmyrlefuller

Jealousy and envy are NEVER pretty,but you seem to add a "special something" to it.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #279 on: September 28, 2023, 10:19:27 pm »

Well...I don't know if there has to be a "point", other than we are coming up to a presidential primary season, so voters want to see the candidates debate.  I'm not trying to be a pendant -- I'm just pointing out that there really isn't a some kind of coherent purpose to the debates other than to give the candidates that want to debate the opportunity to do so.  Their specific motives are their own, and may not match ours.

I agree...but what you/I would say they should to in the name of some higher goal may not fit for each of those candidates. who are participating.

I agree again, but I don't think that can fairly be said to be "the purpose" of the debates, or even the goal of most of the candidates.  I think Pence is in there to defend himself/improve his legacy after being smeared for doing his duty on January 6.  Some of them -- Ramaswamy for sure, and maybe Haley -- are angling for jobs in a potential Trump Administration, so their goal, or at least a secondary goal, is to sabotage any non-Trump challenger except for themselves.  So while those of us who are anti-Trump basically are just looking for a No. 1 challenger to emerge so that folks can rally around him/her, that isn't the priority of some of those candidates who only want that to happen if they happen to be the one who emerges.

I wish it were different, but I think some of them are just so enthralled by the slightest possibility that they could be the one to emerge that they just don't want to give that up.  And by the time they do drop out, it may be too late to stop Trump.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #280 on: September 28, 2023, 10:27:26 pm »
The debates have already been turned on their sides and it appears that the GOP voting base already has their nominee decided for them. :shrug:

What I find astounding is the fact that Trump supporters ignore the fact of all the felonies that the left has racked up against him and their never ending witch hunt. So, hypothetically, what happens if Trump is unable to run in the end, then what??

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #281 on: September 30, 2023, 12:35:16 am »
Did anyone watching catch this?

https://www.dailysignal.com/2023/09/27/breaking-desantis-will-support-15-week-federal-protections-for-the-unborn/

BREAKING: DeSantis Will Support 15-Week Federal Protections for the Unborn

Republican Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis’ campaign confirmed to The Daily Signal on Wednesday evening that he will support 15-week protections for the unborn.

In audio of the debate following DeSantis’ response to an abortion question, candidate Sen. Tim Scott can be heard asking DeSantis if he would support legislation banning abortions of babies after 15 weeks.

“Yes, I will,” DeSantis responds.

His campaign confirmed to The Daily Signal that he did indeed make this statement. Scott, Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson, and former Vice President Mike Pence have also pledged to sign 15-week protections.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #282 on: September 30, 2023, 12:39:31 am »
I'm actively looking third party in 2024 I think...

Offline LMAO

« Reply #283 on: September 30, 2023, 12:41:14 am »
I'm actively looking third party in 2024 I think...

I may end up joining you

« Last Edit: September 30, 2023, 12:42:16 am by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #284 on: September 30, 2023, 12:44:32 am »
I may end up joining you

Me too. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #285 on: September 30, 2023, 01:23:37 am »
THE CONSTITUTION PARTY

Mission Statement:

The mission of the Constitution Party is to secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity through the election, at all levels of government, of Constitution Party candidates who will uphold the principles of the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution of the United States, and the Bill of Rights. It is our goal to limit the federal government to its delegated, enumerated, Constitutional functions.

Twelve Key Issues:

States’ Powers

Everything not specifically delegated by the Constitution to the federal government, nor prohibited by the Constitution to the states, is reserved to the states or to the people.

Education

Since the Constitution grants the Federal Government no authority over Education, the 10th Amendment applies. This includes funding.

Gun Rights

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Foreign Policy, Defense, & Terrorism

American government committed to the protection of the borders, trade, and common defense of Americans, with no entanglement in foreign alliances, is paramount. Any and all wars must be declared by Congress.

Veterans

We vigorously resist the attempt by any government agency to nullify or reduce earned benefits to veterans and their survivors, including but not limited to, compensation, pensions, education, and health care.

Immigration

The Constitution Party has long been the only national political party to stand firmly against the proposals for a “Pathway to Citizenship/Comprehensive Immigration Reform/Amnesty” that come out of Washington.

Treaties & Trade Deals

We believe firmly that any so-called free trade deals and/or treaties that usurp American Sovereignty and/or the Constitution are unconstitutional and we should withdraw from them immediately.
United Nations, Agenda 21, & Global Organizations

We vehemently oppose Agenda 21 and feel we should part ways with the UN and any other global agency that attempts to subvert American Sovereignty.

Religious Freedom

All Americans have equal right to worship according to their beliefs. Government is to be kept out of the religious realm.

Healthcare & Social Security

We believe in the privatization of Healthcare and Social Security, with Social Security being phased out.

Judiciary

We reject the notion that the Supreme Court’s decisions are binding as law beyond those parties to whom the case pertained. Activist Judges should be impeached, as permissible by the Constitution.

Drugs

The federal government’s only responsibility in preventing drug abuse is to control our borders. Drugs are a state issue.

- more -

https://constitutionparty.com/

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #286 on: September 30, 2023, 11:18:56 pm »
How the auditions went----

Offline corbe

« Reply #287 on: October 01, 2023, 02:50:36 am »
   And he expects all than other Ramaswamy and Tim Scott people to vote for him. 
   Each day he surpasses my idea of how much a rich, rude, orange, fat guy can stupp to the levels of stupidity and still get your vote.  @Right_in_Virginia .
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #288 on: October 01, 2023, 12:01:15 pm »
   And he expects all than other Ramaswamy and Tim Scott people to vote for him. 
   Each day he surpasses my idea of how much a rich, rude, orange, fat guy can stupp to the levels of stupidity and still get your vote.  @Right_in_Virginia .

@corbe

Which is why you and other hate him.

Jealousy.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #289 on: November 09, 2023, 03:43:42 pm »
I find incredibly ironic that BITCH Nikki Haley can call anyone "scum" !!!!!

Nikki....take your flag and monument destroying ass back to freakin' India!!!!!  You were woke before it was fashionable.  FU!!!!

I despise you even more than Trump!!!!
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #291 on: November 09, 2023, 03:47:17 pm »
THE CONSTITUTION PARTY

Mission Statement:

The mission of the Constitution Party is to secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity through the election, at all levels of government, of Constitution Party candidates who will uphold the principles of the Declaration of Independence, the Constitution of the United States, and the Bill of Rights. It is our goal to limit the federal government to its delegated, enumerated, Constitutional functions.

Twelve Key Issues:

States’ Powers

Everything not specifically delegated by the Constitution to the federal government, nor prohibited by the Constitution to the states, is reserved to the states or to the people.

Education

Since the Constitution grants the Federal Government no authority over Education, the 10th Amendment applies. This includes funding.

Gun Rights

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Foreign Policy, Defense, & Terrorism

American government committed to the protection of the borders, trade, and common defense of Americans, with no entanglement in foreign alliances, is paramount. Any and all wars must be declared by Congress.

Veterans

We vigorously resist the attempt by any government agency to nullify or reduce earned benefits to veterans and their survivors, including but not limited to, compensation, pensions, education, and health care.

Immigration

The Constitution Party has long been the only national political party to stand firmly against the proposals for a “Pathway to Citizenship/Comprehensive Immigration Reform/Amnesty” that come out of Washington.

Treaties & Trade Deals

We believe firmly that any so-called free trade deals and/or treaties that usurp American Sovereignty and/or the Constitution are unconstitutional and we should withdraw from them immediately.
United Nations, Agenda 21, & Global Organizations

We vehemently oppose Agenda 21 and feel we should part ways with the UN and any other global agency that attempts to subvert American Sovereignty.

Religious Freedom

All Americans have equal right to worship according to their beliefs. Government is to be kept out of the religious realm.

Healthcare & Social Security

We believe in the privatization of Healthcare and Social Security, with Social Security being phased out.

Judiciary

We reject the notion that the Supreme Court’s decisions are binding as law beyond those parties to whom the case pertained. Activist Judges should be impeached, as permissible by the Constitution.

Drugs

The federal government’s only responsibility in preventing drug abuse is to control our borders. Drugs are a state issue.

- more -

https://constitutionparty.com/

Sad...  that even the most conservative appearing alternative doesn't even mention the deficit and fiscal restraint in our government.  That shows how bad it's gotten.

Offline catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #292 on: November 09, 2023, 03:51:58 pm »
I am not a Vivek supporter, but this is the best minute and a half of debate footage of the past 30 years.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAHisd1U9UY

« Reply #293 on: November 09, 2023, 06:53:42 pm »

Online mountaineer

« Reply #294 on: November 09, 2023, 07:26:52 pm »
Vivek was certainly on the money on some things last night, but ...
... Keep in mind though, that up until around a year and a half ago, Vivek was spouting a completely different political philosophy.

He is a rank opportunist and car salesman who sat down back in early 2021 and crafted himself a new persona/pitch for voters.

He's exceptionally good at this, finding what themes/issues/positions will garner him the most GOP/MAGA support and learning to deliver remarks emphasizing them.

Now, having said that, he's right about everything he said last night about the Fake News and the GOP UniParty both being in cahoots with trying to take Trump OUT with the Russian collusion hoax.   ...

https://twitter.com/drawandstrike/status/1722696430354125163
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #295 on: November 09, 2023, 07:37:48 pm »
They will blithely ignore Ramaswamy’s WAKE-UP! call, mainly because most of them are already “WOKE”
VIVA Vivek! Ramaswamy Roasts RINOs Putting Truth Before Ego at Last Night’s Televised Presidential Debate Debacle
Judi McLeod image
By Judi McLeod ——Bio and Archives--November 9, 2023

Many already knew the uselessness of GOP-controlled televised presidential debates long before last night’s NBC-moderated disaster.

Presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy, still young enough to believe that the Truth really matters, pressed the Alert Button on all GOP contenders headed for certain election night defeat, like lemmings heading for the proverbial fall off the cliff.

The Truth always hurts—but not for long when the egos of GOP contenders continue to completely smother any trace of reality.

https://canadafreepress.com/article/viva-vivek-ramaswamy-roasts-rinos-putting-truth-before-ego-at-last-nights-televised-presidential-debate-debacle
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #296 on: November 09, 2023, 09:48:11 pm »
With any luck that will be the last debate we see Vivek in. Thr next debate he would have to have better poll numbers to qualify.    The guy is an embarrassment.   
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

« Reply #297 on: November 10, 2023, 02:29:24 am »
With any luck that will be the last debate we see Vivek in. ....    The guy is an embarrassment.

To who?

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #298 on: November 10, 2023, 02:35:27 am »
To who?

To who?   To any Reagan Republican.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #299 on: November 10, 2023, 02:39:18 am »
To who?   To any Reagan Republican.

The Republican Party, is The Embarrassment.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald