Author Topic: New Paper Claims Antarctica Had The ‘Most Intense Heat Wave Ever Recorded’. It Didn’t  (Read 144 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY ANTHONY WATTS ON SEP 27, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

New Paper Claims Antarctica Had The ‘Most Intense Heat Wave Ever Recorded’. It Didn’t

On September 24th, 2023, Kasha Patel, a writer for The Washington Post (WaPo) created a story that is likely in the top 10 most false and egregious climate scare stories ever published.

Titled, “Scientists found the most intense heat wave ever recorded — in Antarctica,” the story isn’t just false, it is doubly so because the research paper it is based on is also seriously flawed. [emphasis, links added]

In this case, peer review at Geophysical Research Letters (GRL) failed to catch and correct the most basic abuse of the definition of a “heat wave.”

The leading paragraph of the WaPo story said:

https://climatechangedispatch.com/new-paper-claims-antarctica-had-the-most-intense-heat-wave-ever-recorded-it-didnt/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson