Author Topic: 10 Reasons Not To Own An Electric Vehicle  (Read 257 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
10 Reasons Not To Own An Electric Vehicle
« on: September 27, 2023, 12:44:19 pm »
WRITTEN BY I&I EDITORIAL BOARD ON SEP 26, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

10 Reasons Not To Own An Electric Vehicle
From California to New York to Washington, Democrats are using the coercive force of government to herd Americans into electric vehicles.

Here are 10 reasons why we should resist both this egregious abuse of power as well as the social pressure that demands we all go electric: [emphasis, links added]

1. The mandates are an egregious abuse of power. Where do government officials, both elected and unelected, derive the authority to tell Americans what vehicles they cannot own and what vehicles they must own? There is none. Yes, there are laws intended to keep dangerous cars and trucks off the streets for safety reasons. But no automobile is a threat just because it burns gasoline or diesel. Dare we say that those who buy an EV are complicit in securing for the state a power it was never intended to have?

https://climatechangedispatch.com/10-reasons-not-to-own-an-electric-vehicle/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Own An Electric Vehicle
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2023, 09:52:20 pm »
2. The mandates are an egregious abuse of power Part ll
3. EVs are not zero-emission vehicles.
4. The EV manufacturing chain is an environmental malignancy
5. EVs are fire hazards.
6. EVs are destructive.
7. Slaves helped build that EV.
8. Exorbitant insurance premiums.
9. Crashing the grid.
10. Looking shallow.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2023, 10:00:28 pm »
I have seen some estimates that the chances of burning down your garage (and house if attached) is 10X what you would see with an IC Engine Vehicle.

I promise I will never buy an EV.  And that is the reason I am keeping my '07 Titan, which is flex fuel, and can run on pure ethanol.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2023, 10:04:29 pm »
#1 - John Kerry thinks electric cars are a good idea.  I invoke opposite-George Costanza to do the opposite, out of contempt and spite.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.