Author Topic: Special Ops MH-60 Seen Absolutely Crammed With Modifications  (Read 171 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Special Ops MH-60 Seen Absolutely Crammed With Modifications
« on: September 23, 2023, 05:21:36 pm »
Special Ops MH-60 Seen Absolutely Crammed With Modifications
The Army’s Night Stalker Black Hawks are loaded with sensors, defensive systems, and communications gear to take on the hardest of missions.

BY
JOSEPH TREVITHICK
|
UPDATED SEP 21, 2023 5:32 PM EDT
Newly released pictures give a great look at just how loaded down with sensors and other specialized system the MH-60M Black Hawks assigned to the US Army's elite 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment really are.

It's no secret that the MH-60M Black Hawks belonging to the U.S. Army's elite 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment, also known as the Night Stalkers, are absolutely packed with specialized systems. However, newly released pictures, especially the one seen at the top of this story, give a very clear view of just how much has been added to these helicopters to help them perform critical missions under the most demanding conditions.

These pictures were taken earlier in September somewhere in the Bering Sea between Alaska and Russia. The 160th Special Operations Aviation Regiment's (SOAR) MH-60Ms were operating there with the help of the U.S. Navy's San Antonio class amphibious warship USS John P. Murtha.

Black Hawks from the 160th SOAR shuttled Navy SEALs to and from the Murtha and conducted other missions as part of a larger special operations capabilities demonstration nicknamed Polar Dagger. The core objectives of this event were to show how special operations forces could help defend critical sites and otherwise support operations in the Arctic and Subarctic regions. The War Zone reported in detail about what MH-60Ms could contribute in these scenarios and the broader significance of Polar Dagger earlier this month.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/night-stalker-mh-60-seen-absolutely-crammed-with-modifications
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson