Author Topic: Aussie researchers warn Chinese ‘overwhelmingly’ ahead in sensor research  (Read 167 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Aussie researchers warn Chinese ‘overwhelmingly’ ahead in sensor research
Of 10 advanced sensor tech areas, China leads in seven and the US in three, according to the Australian Strategic Policy Institute.
By   COLIN CLARK
on September 22, 2023 at 8:55 AM

SYDNEY — “China’s research in several advanced sensor technologies vital to military navigation and targeting is overwhelmingly ahead of the three AUKUS partners, the United States, United Kingdom and Australia,” according to a new report by the Australian Strategic Policy Institute.

It gets worse, if you’re a country competing with China: “Even if the three team up with like-minded Indo-Pacific countries Japan and South Korea, they do not match the Chinese output in high-impact research.”

The conclusion is the latest from ASPI’s Critical Technology Tracker, created to look at the impact of top research around the world. This newest addition focuses on advanced sensors, including 10 technology areas, with China leading in: inertial navigation systems, magnetic field sensors, multispectral and hyperspectral imaging sensors, photonic sensors, radar, satellite position and navigation, and sonar and acoustic sensors. There are three areas where the US leads: quantum sensors, atomic clocks and gravitational sensors (just).

https://breakingdefense.com/2023/09/aussie-researchers-warn-chinese-overwhelmingly-ahead-in-sensor-research/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson