Author Topic: Joe Biden from Rose Garden: ‘If You Need 80 Shots in a Magazine You Shouldn’t Own a Gun’  (Read 1213 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Joe Biden from Rose Garden: ‘If You Need 80 Shots in a Magazine You Shouldn’t Own a Gun’

AWR Hawkins 22 Sep 2023

While announcing the launch of an executive level gun control office–the Office of Gun Violence Prevention–President Joe Biden called again for a ban on “assault weapons” and said, “If you need 80 shots in a magazine you shouldn’t own a gun.”

On September 19, 2023, Breitbart News reported Biden’s plans to launch the executive gun control office and, on September 21, 2023, noted that he had tapped Vice President Kamala Harris to lead it.

In announcing the launch of the office on Friday from the Rose Garden, Biden referenced the gun control Sen. John Cornyn (R-Texas) worked with Democrats to help secure in the summer of 2022.

He then stressed that he is not finished pursuing gun control, and spoke of securing again the federal “assault weapons” ban which was in place from 1994 to 2004. That ban included a prohibition on “high capacity” magazines as well.

Biden then said, “‘If you need 80 shots in a magazine you shouldn’t own a gun.”

On June 23, 2021, Breitbart News pointed out that Biden claimed, “No one needs to have a weapon that can fire over 30, 40, 50, even up to 100 rounds, unless you think the deer are wearing Kevlar vests or something.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/2nd-amendment/2023/09/22/biden-rose-garden-if-you-need-80-shots-magazine-you-shouldnt-own-gun/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Send in those F-35's Joe.  No bullets needed to take em down. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Funny he should mention that.

I'm sporting 30's (standard capacity ARR-15 magazine) but the local LEOs have those neat dual snail mags that hold more than double that. Like this Iver Johnson 100 round mag:

How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online libertybele

No worries -- that eliminates Joe owning a gun.  :whistle:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Smokin Joe

No worries -- that eliminates Joe owning a gun.  :whistle:
It isn't what you need, ordinarily, but it's always nice to have extra...

(unless you are swimming with it or on fire).

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

He knows how many rounds a mass shooter needs because he's been to every mass shooting. Just ask him.

https://twitter.com/RNCResearch/status/1705299599563391278
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline PeteS in CA

A Ninth Circuit judge has ruled that it's none of government's damn business why a legal gun owner wants a "high capacity" magazine, https://www.reuters.com/legal/us-judge-strikes-down-california-ban-high-capacity-gun-magazines-2023-09-22/ . Not in those exact words, of course.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Smokin Joe

It's perfectly legal in North Dakota (last time I checked) to hunt with a 20, 30, 40, even a 100 round magazine in your rifle so long as you do not exceed your bag limit. You can haul around all the ammo you want to, just in case the zombie apocalypse comes along while you are out looking for venison. I asked one of the Game wardens.

We agreed though, that if you need more than the first two or three rounds, you really need to work on your marksmanship.

C S Lewis

Offline PeteS in CA

WRT LIEden's moronic remark, I guess a 5- or 10-round magazine would be adequate if the attacking thugs don't move, don't use cover, and pause their attack for the second or three second it would take every time you need to change magazines.
If, as anti-Covid-vaxxers claim, https://www.poynter.org/fact-checking/2021/robert-f-kennedy-jr-said-the-covid-19-vaccine-is-the-deadliest-vaccine-ever-made-thats-not-true/ , https://gospelnewsnetwork.org/2021/11/23/covid-shots-are-the-deadliest-vaccines-in-medical-history/ , The Vaccine is deadly, where in the US have Pfizer and Moderna hidden the millions of bodies of those who died of "vaccine injury"? Is reality a Big Pharma Shill?

Millions now living should have died. Anti-Covid-Vaxxer ghouls hardest hit.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
WRT LIEden's moronic remark, I guess a 5- or 10-round magazine would be adequate if the attacking thugs don't move, don't use cover, and pause their attack for the second or three second it would take every time you need to change magazines.

Don't you have to use a screwdriver or something to change Mags in CA?
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline roamer_1

It's perfectly legal in North Dakota (last time I checked) to hunt with a 20, 30, 40, even a 100 round magazine in your rifle so long as you do not exceed your bag limit. You can haul around all the ammo you want to, just in case the zombie apocalypse comes along while you are out looking for venison. I asked one of the Game wardens.

We agreed though, that if you need more than the first two or three rounds, you really need to work on your marksmanship.

I am usually one and done with big game... But you have to be an idiot to be out in the big timber without at least a box of cartridges. If your conveyance breaks down, it's a long, long walk home.

And that has happened to me more than once.

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Only A God damned fool thinks he has the right to have a gun, and voted fr Biden who only wants drug dealers and terrorist to have guns/Armies!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I am usually one and done with big game... But you have to be an idiot to be out in the big timber without at least a box of cartridges. If your conveyance breaks down, it's a long, long walk home.

Different missions and different actions.  With game, it's ideal to use as few rounds as
Possible to nit ruin the meat.  With criminals,  it's as many rounds as it takes to puut the animal down. Also, the type of rounds will be much different.  You don't use Talon rounds to bring down an elk.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Online mountaineer

Hey Joe, if you fire a shotgun off your porch aimlessly,  you probably shouldn't have a gun.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Smokin Joe

The -06 holds five, and I rarely use a second shot. However, for me to have less than 20 rounds is rare, and the rifle has iron sights, the scope is on a tip-off mount in case it takes a hard knock.

It isn't as long a walk out as you have, and unless I'm down in the breaks, the 'up and down' isn't so bad.  Worse come to worse, look for a flare and head to it, and I can probably get a ride out with a trucker or a pumper.

C S Lewis

Online Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
Only 80?

How about the American 180?

Feed system: 165, 177, 220, or 275 round detachable pan magazine

Offline roamer_1

Hey Joe, if you fire a shotgun off your porch aimlessly,  you probably shouldn't have a gun.

Well, that kinda depends on how drunk you are...  :whistle:

Offline roamer_1

Different missions and different actions.  With game, it's ideal to use as few rounds as
Possible to nit ruin the meat.  With criminals,  it's as many rounds as it takes to puut the animal down. Also, the type of rounds will be much different.  You don't use Talon rounds to bring down an elk.

That's right - But a gun is a gun... That's the way they're treating it... It's just a tool to me...

Though technically, if that clip-fed sh*t still stands, three of my Rem mod. 700s are illegal now, as are 2 of my .22s and nearly all of my current pistols. Not that I have to worry about it. If they are illegal the sheriff won't enforce it, nor the governor. I don't know... I pay it no mind.

And ignorant idiots like Bidet, who has never walked a single step in deep woods is why they're treating them all the same. Of course they want em all outlawed, so I guess...  :shrug:

Offline roamer_1

The -06 holds five, and I rarely use a second shot. However, for me to have less than 20 rounds is rare, and the rifle has iron sights, the scope is on a tip-off mount in case it takes a hard knock.

It isn't as long a walk out as you have, and unless I'm down in the breaks, the 'up and down' isn't so bad.  Worse come to worse, look for a flare and head to it, and I can probably get a ride out with a trucker or a pumper.

My go-bag has a box of .45 hollow points and a box of 45/70 in it all the time. The big iron has a box or two of whatever in their trail scabbards. Both my 35L and my 55L packs have a pass-through that accepts those trail scabbards... So depending on what I am out there for, I just bolt in the rifle in its scabbard and it's all ready to go. My big optics are still on the 7mm mag for sheep and goat and antelope, and my 300 win is glassed for elk or long shots at muleys.

As for walking out, that's not uncommon. Worst is snow machine, because they go so dang far, and they are so prone to getting stuck or breaking down... Better bring snow shoes with you... And a full pack, because you could be 50 miles in, in no time.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2023, 02:40:36 am by roamer_1 »

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
Joe knows mexican drug lords can be trusted with guns, certainly not law aBIDING AMERICAN CITIZENS.
Can't you see?  You trust foreigners with guns and money, not Americans.  (Joe knows who his real enemies are), and he even threatens to us our own military machines against them, meaning us.
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Know what else you don't need?  8 booster shots to stop a cold like virus.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.