Author Topic: Hope returns to sailors aboard USS George Washington after 6-year overhaul  (Read 237 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

Hope returns to sailors aboard USS George Washington after 6-year overhaul
FEATUREDWIB SEA September 20, 2023 Staff Writer

Caitlyn Burchett
The Virginian-Pilot
(TNS)

The flight deck of the USS George Washington is already streaked with tire marks from aircraft landings just three months after the warship was welcomed back into the Navy fleet.

But as the carrier and its crew transition from a brutal six-year maintenance cycle, there is still much to be done to prepare for its next mission.

The Washington recently provided fleet support to new E-2 Hawkeye pilots working on carrier qualifications. The ship got underway for about two weeks, and reporters were invited aboard.

This marks the ship’s fourth venture out since leaving Newport News Shipbuilding for Naval Station Norfolk in May. The aircraft carrier had been a fixture at the shipyard since 2017 for its midlife refueling and complex overhaul. The process, which typically takes four years, was exacerbated by delays related to the pandemic.

https://warisboring.com/hope-returns-to-sailors-aboard-uss-george-washington-after-6-year-overhaul/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson