Author Topic: 101st and 82nd Airborne Division soldiers deploying to Eastern Europe  (Read 249 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
101st and 82nd Airborne Division soldiers deploying to Eastern Europe
The US military’s force posture in Europe will remain the same.

BY JEFF SCHOGOL | PUBLISHED SEP 21, 2023 3:44 PM EDT

The Army is showing no signs of curtailing its deployments to Europe as the war in Ukraine continues to grind on.

On Wednesday the Army announced that about 3,400 soldiers with the 101st Airborne Division’s 3rd Infantry Brigade Combat Team will head to Eastern Europe this fall, as will 200 soldiers from the 82nd Airborne Division Headquarters.

The units will deploy primarily to Romania as well in Southeastern Europe and to the continent’s “High North” region that includes Scandinavian countries, Army officials said.

Among the 101st troops are infantry units from the division’s stories 187th Infantry Regiment, known as the Rakkasans.

“We look forward to the return of the 82nd Airborne Division to the continent, and to the Rakkasan’s next ‘rendezvous with destiny,’ which follows the back-to-back deployments of their storied division’s two other infantry brigade combat teams,” Army Col. Martin O’Donnell, a spokesman for U.S. Army Europe, said in a statement.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/army-deployments-eastern-europe/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson