Author Topic: Army Builds New Fleet of Tank-Transporting "Watercraft" for Pacific  (Read 230 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army Builds New Fleet of Tank-Transporting "Watercraft" for Pacific
Army is fast-expanding its own maritime expeditionary capability in the form of new watercraft.
KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATION13 HOURS AGO
By Kris Osborn, President, Center for Military Modernization

US Navy amphibious assault ships, Expeditionary Fast Transport vessels and emerging new amphib-launched ship-to-shore connectors are all fast-increasing methods of moving heavy armor through maritime war environments including islands, coastal areas and even large countries.

Beneath the more visible threshold of these well-known, modern tank-transporting platforms and technologies, the Army is fast-expanding its own maritime expeditionary capability in the form of new watercraft. These new composite watercraft are intended to support the joint force with equipment and troop transport, weapons and platforms for the Army, Navy and Air Force.

New Navy Textron-built ship-to-shore connectors (SSC) extend sea-land attack beyond the Landing Craft Air Cushions they are replacing by introducing the ability to move Abrams tanks from ship-to-shore from large, off-shore amphibs into coastal and island areas for decisive land attack. The size and scope of the People’s Liberation Army, for instance, is likely driving a Pentagon requirement to operate greater numbers of tanks and heavy armor in the Pacific, provided they can be transported.

https://warriormaven.com/land/army-builds-new-fleet-of-tank-transporting-watercraft-for-pacific
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson