Author Topic: Trump skips past primaries to general election  (Read 253 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump skips past primaries to general election
« on: September 21, 2023, 01:26:51 pm »
 Trump skips past primaries to general election
by Brett Samuels - 09/21/23 6:00 AM ET

The Iowa caucuses are still more than four months away, but former President Donald Trump already appears to have one eye toward a general election rematch with President Biden.

Trump’s words and actions are that of a candidate less concerned with his primary rivals, who trail him by a wide margin in nearly every state and national poll, and more focused on attacking Biden and winning over voters in key swing states.

Ford O’Connell, a Florida-based Republican strategist, said Trump has “the freedom to do what he thinks is best” with his campaign thanks to his significant lead in primary polls, and national polls that show him in a close hypothetical rematch with Biden.

“Trump is running the race as if this is going to be himself and Joe Biden in November of 2024,” O’Connell said. “And anyone who’s being honest will tell you that’s the right way to go, barring a seismic moment or shift or anything else.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4215220-trump-skips-past-primaries-to-general-election/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Trump skips past primaries to general election
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2023, 01:39:37 pm »
Shades of Hillary Clinton 2008
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2023, 01:46:19 pm »
 "That's a bold move, Cotton. Lets see how it plays out."
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2023, 02:35:48 pm »
Strategically, it's the right move to win the primary.  It's also the wrong move for the general election, but Trump isn't exactly a long-term thinker.