Author Topic: The B-21 Raider Is Far More Than Just A Stealth Bomber  (Read 254 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The B-21 Raider Is Far More Than Just A Stealth Bomber
« on: September 19, 2023, 01:21:31 pm »
DR. JAMES HOLMES: THE NAVAL DIPLOMAT - 19FORTYFIVEThe B-21 Raider Is Far More Than Just A Stealth Bomber
If successful, in short, the B-21 will present U.S. and allied commanders the opportunity to exploit command of the air before winning it.

ByJames HolmesPublished8 hours ago

The B-21 Raider was unveiled to the public at a ceremony December 2, 2022 in..Palmdale, Calif. Designed to operate in tomorrow's high-end threat environment, the B-21 will play a critical role in ensuring America's enduring airpower capability. (U.S. Air Force photo)The B-21 Raider was unveiled to the public at a ceremony December 2, 2022 in..Palmdale, Calif. Designed to operate in tomorrow's high-end threat environment, the B-21 will play a critical role in ensuring America's enduring airpower capability. (U.S. Air Force photo)

The WarZone has the latest scoop on the U.S. Air Force B-21 Raider, riffing on Secretary of the Air Force Frank Kendall’s recent remarks at the Air & Space Forces Association’s Air, Space, and Cyber symposium in National Harbor, Maryland. Secretary Kendall portrayed the newfangled stealth bomber as part of a “family of systems” that likely includes a retinue of low-observable drones—“collaborative combat aircraft” in air-force newspeak—at the very least.

Drones accompanying the Raider as part of the family of systems could render solid service by riding shotgun to defend it, or by helping out with such key tactical functions as scouting, counter-scouting, and command-and-control. Kendall reported, moreover, that the bomber itself is designed to execute missions far beyond simply penetrating hostile airspace, World War II Combined Bomber Offensive style, and dumping large volumes of ordnance on targets assigned to it. For example, it could presumably act as a surveillance, communications, or battle-management platform.

This is not your granddad’s B-17 Flying Fortress.

Commentary on the B-21 remains largely confined to the realm of speculation. After all, the warbird remains shrouded in secrecy and has yet to take to the blue yonder for the first time to prove its mettle. Still, it’s not too soon to start ruminating about its development, how the U.S. Air Force might use it, and what dwellers in the wretched hive of scum and villainy might do to blunt its impact.

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2023/09/the-b-21-raider-is-far-more-than-just-a-stealth-bomber/
« Last Edit: September 19, 2023, 01:22:29 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson