Author Topic: Trump says he ‘didn’t respect’ his lawyers who said he lost 2020 election  (Read 1663 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Trump says he ‘didn’t respect’ his lawyers who said he lost 2020 election
by Brett Samuels - 09/17/23 10:37 AM ET

Former President Donald Trump in a new interview said he did not respect his campaign and White House lawyers who told him in 2020 that he had lost the election.

In an interview with “Meet the Press” moderator Kristen Welker that aired Sunday, Trump was asked about why he ignored his lawyers’ advice following the election and instead pushed the false claim that it was stolen, chalking it up to a combination of outside advice and his own instincts. Trump is facing criminal charges in Washington, D.C., and Georgia over his efforts to overturn the 2020 election.

Asked why he ignored White House and campaign lawyers who told him he’d lost, Trump said it was because “I didn’t respect them.”

“You hire them, you never met these people, you get a recommendation, they turn out to be RINOs or they turn out to be not so good,” Trump said, deriding some of his own staff as “Republicans in Name Only.”

“In many cases I didn’t respect them,” he continued. “But I did respect others, I respected many others that said the election was rigged.”

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4208807-trump-says-he-didnt-respect-his-lawyers-who-said-he-lost-2020-election/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Why should anyone respect people who lie to them?
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

Why should anyone respect people who lie to them?

Well, Trump has had 3 years to prove them wrong, and so far - as in so many other things political - he's been a singular failure in that regard.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Well, Trump has had 3 years to prove them wrong, and so far - as in so many other things political - he's been a singular failure in that regard.

It isn't Trumps fault that the courts have steadfastly REFUSED to look at any evidence.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

Trump is the consummate RINO.

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

It isn't Trumps fault that the courts have steadfastly REFUSED to look at any evidence.

:facepalm2:

He hasn't produced any evidence worth the time of a court to take a look at.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
So let me see if I got this straight:

The bad lawyers were the ones who told him he didn't have a good legal case.

The good lawyers were the ones who told him he had a good case...and then proceeded to lose every case they brought.

Offline Kamaji

So let me see if I got this straight:

The bad lawyers were the ones who told him he didn't have a good legal case.

The good lawyers were the ones who told him he had a good case...and then proceeded to lose every case they brought.

Pretty much.  Go figure.

Offline cato potatoe

He did not respect the will of the voters, which is why he should not be given another chance to destroy the republic.

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
There are plenty of folks here that continually spout the deep state line but I'm not one of them and never will be.

IMHO anyone who buys the notion that Joe Biden got anywhere near 81 million votes is delusional.

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Hoodat

There are plenty of folks here that continually spout the deep state line but I'm not one of them and never will be.

IMHO anyone who buys the notion that Joe Biden got anywhere near 81 million votes is delusional.

Agreed.  My opinions on Trump are totally separate from the illegalities I witnessed during the 2020 election.  There is no way Biden won Pennsylvania, Michigan, Georgia, Arizona, Wisconsin, or Nevada.  Truckloads of fake ballots were generated and used to tip each of those races.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
Agreed.  My opinions on Trump are totally separate from the illegalities I witnessed during the 2020 election.  There is no way Biden won Pennsylvania, Michigan, Georgia, Arizona, Wisconsin, or Nevada.  Truckloads of fake ballots were generated and used to tip each of those races.

:yowsa: pointing-up

"Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclination, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence."

John Adams

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline libertybele

Agreed!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Trump is the consummate RINO.

More where that came from:
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

I'm just going to say that your definition of "witnessed" is not the definition of "witnessed" used by the legal system.

Offline Hoodat

Offline Hoodat

I'm just going to say that your definition of "witnessed" is not the definition of "witnessed" used by the legal system.

Correct.  I only "witnessed" it in Georgia.

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

Correct.  I only "witnessed" it in Georgia.

Depends how much you personally witnessed.

Offline Hoodat

So what's your threshold?  How many illegalities did I need to witness in order for it to meet your legal standard?

Online roamer_1

Enough first hand, and researched to convince me.

I believe him about GA, and @Cyber Liberty about AZ - Who also was in a position to know.I also have a very good source in MI

So yeah... I think just with those states, that there were enough votes to disqualify to flip the outcome. But, pragmatism asserts, the only facts that matter are the facts  that are proven in court.

And the methods to turn an American election in court are designed to be a grim trail, hard to navigate, and decidedly against the challenger. On purpose. I get why. And I am alright with that. 

@Hoodat

« Last Edit: September 17, 2023, 08:12:30 pm by roamer_1 »

Offline Hoodat

Enough first hand, and researched to convince me.

I believe him about GA, and @Cyber Liberty about AZ - Who also was in a position to know.I also have a very good source in MI

So yeah... I think just with those states, that there were enough votes to disqualify to flip the outcome. But, pragmatism asserts, the only facts that matter are the facts  that are proven in court.

The issue here is not that Trump 'lost' the electoral vote.  The issue here is that our election integrity was destroyed.  The only cases that matter in court are the ones that force elected officials to act with integrity and operate within the law, securing a true election result based on legitimate votes cast by legitimate voters.  Unfortunately, that was never a concern for Trump.  His only objective was to have some judge nullify the electoral vote and declare Trump the winner.  It was legal idiocy on steroids.

Online roamer_1

The issue here is not that Trump 'lost' the electoral vote.  The issue here is that our election integrity was destroyed. 

Well, yes but no... I may treat it with more of a dismissive tone than others, but that is because I believe it has been rigged for a long time... To begin with senatorial leadership power being used to destroy - and I do mean destroy - Conservative candidates going way back... Making sure that Conservatives never gather enough power and enough firebrands to stop the Moderates.

And the Republican Moderates are at least at a hand shake with the Progressive Liberals - They are both shooting for a form of Globalism, and will work together until their aims diverge.

That's the big game... And the real news is using a boor and a lout to derail Cruz and the Tea Movement... A guy who is enough of a dumass as to get hemmed in on every side, forced to govern by EO, and STILL sign every big spending bill that went by...

So whatever is happening now, which is big government on all sides... I really don't give a sh*t about that. I've no dog in that hunt.

:shrug:

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
Well, there goes his "advice of counsel" defense.  No wonder most decent attorneys refuse to accept him as a client, along with him not paying his legal bills.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus