Author Topic: After Niger coup, Air Force looks for other countries to host drone base  (Read 206 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
After Niger coup, Air Force looks for other countries to host drone base
Still, ISR operations have resumed from Nigerien sites, the region’s U.S. Air Force commander said.
AUDREY DECKER | SEPTEMBER 14, 2023
AIR FORCE TERRORISM AFRICA DRONES

Updated: 7:34 p.m. ET

The U.S. is considering alternative countries to host its drone base for counter-terrorism missions in Niger after a coup in the West African country overthrew a democratically elected president.

“There are several locations I'll say that we're looking at, but nothing's firmed up. We have talked to some countries about it,” said Gen. James Hecker, commander of U.S. Air Forces in Europe and Africa.

However, the Air Force is waiting to see the results of U.S.-Niger diplomacy talks as the “diplomatic solution is going pretty well right now,” Hecker told reporters Wednesday at the Air & Space Forces Association’s annual Air, Space & Cyber conference.

https://www.defenseone.com/threats/2023/09/after-niger-coup-air-force-looks-other-countries-host-drone-base/390288/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson