Author Topic: Stop Pretending The U.S. Isn’t On A Collision Course With Iran  (Read 220 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Stop Pretending The U.S. Isn’t On A Collision Course With Iran
« on: September 15, 2023, 06:51:23 pm »
Stop Pretending The U.S. Isn’t On A Collision Course With Iran

ByGeorge Monastiriakos
Published1 day ago

Like many sad stories with unpredictable endings, the U.S. – Iran saga begins with the famous first words spoken by the Islamic Republic: “death to America.” Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini’s government followed that message up by allowing a group of students, including future Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, to storm the U.S. Embassy and take American diplomats hostage.

To this day, the Islamic Republic’s slogan remains a staple of meetings with Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, official ceremonies, parliamentary sessions, and Friday prayer services across the country. When Iran’s octogenarian mullahs aren’t chanting “death to America,” they’re either trampling on the Star-Spangled Banner (and the Star of David) or inciting others to do the same for their own amusement.

We should all stop pretending the U.S. hasn’t been on a collision course with Iran since the Islamic revolution.

https://www.19fortyfive.com/2023/09/stop-pretending-the-u-s-isnt-on-a-collision-course-with-iran/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson