Author Topic: B-21 ‘Family Of Systems’ Details Emerge, Engine Test Runs Start  (Read 261 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
B-21 ‘Family Of Systems’ Details Emerge, Engine Test Runs Start
Since its inception, the B-21 Raider stealth bomber program has always been about much more than just the bomber itself.

BY
JOSEPH TREVITHICK
|

The U.S. Air Force's new B-21 Raider stealth bomber is one step closer to its first flight with the start of engine test runs on the ground just being announced today. However, as the aircraft achieves new milestones, it is worth remembering that it is actually just a part — clearly the most visible one — of a "family of systems." The most exciting capabilities this family has to offer likely remain well hidden from view and some will not even be found anywhere on the plane itself. Air Force Secretary Frank Kendall opened up a bit to us about this shadowy realm of the B-21 program during a media round table yesterday at the Air & Space Forces Association's main annual symposium.

Kendall said the Long Range Strike family includes systems that will be integrated with the aircraft, like weapons and sensors, and ones that will "accompany" it. Descriptions of the latter category seem to, at least in part, allude to the existence of one or more additional very advanced aircraft designs, very likely stealthy and uncrewed, which may already be in service on some level, although Kendall did not discuss it.

https://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/b-21-family-of-systems-details-emerge-engine-test-runs-start
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: B-21 ‘Family Of Systems’ Details Emerge, Engine Test Runs Start
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2023, 09:47:07 pm »
Ideally, this will not only be a bomber/launch platform, but a 'command mothership' for a drone strike/defensive fighter swarm.

But all that gee whiz stuff isn't worth a plugged nickel if it doesn't work.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2023, 09:47:58 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis