Author Topic: Careful What You Wish For on Biden Dropping Out, GOP  (Read 228 times)

Offline Kamaji

Careful What You Wish For on Biden Dropping Out, GOP
« on: September 12, 2023, 02:58:21 pm »
Careful What You Wish For on Biden Dropping Out, GOP

Derek Hunter
Sep 12, 2023

Everyone has heard the old adage, “Careful what you wish for, you just might get it,” right? If you haven’t, welcome out from under the rock you’ve spent your entire life living under. For the rest of us, it’s sage advice our life experiences have shown us to be true. In politics, it’s doubly so.

In 2016, Democrats desperately wanted to run against Donald Trump, assuming he’d be the easiest candidate for them to be. They were right, except for one important detail – they didn’t take into account just how awful a person and candidate the person they nominated was. I don’t know if there was another Democrat they could have nominated who would’ve lost that race to any Republican, but Hillary Clinton was so widely disliked by people who’d “gotten to know her” over 20+ years and recoiled at the thought of her being president.

Right now – and I say “right now” because we’re 15 lifetimes in politics away from anyone voting in a primary, let alone the general election next year – Joe Biden is less popular than Hillary Clinton was in 2016. It doesn’t seem possible, but it’s true. Biden is in Jimmy Carter territory, which Carter himself has to be happy he lived long enough to see.

That doesn’t mean he can’t win. Democrats are exceedingly good at turning out their voters, while Republicans have proven exceedingly good at discouraging their voters from trusting voting laws as currently constituted – meaning early and absentee voting. They’re trying to change that now, but it’s a little late considering the concept has been beaten into people’s heads by conservative media and various candidates, etc. Better late than never, but just barely.

Source:  https://townhall.com/columnists/derekhunter/2023/09/12/careful-what-you-wish-for-on-biden-dropping-out-gop-n2628262

Online catfish1957

• If you are a democrat.... You are my enemy. We will never forget May 30, 2024. FJB
  • Political Researcher
Re: Careful What You Wish For on Biden Dropping Out, GOP
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2023, 03:02:40 pm »
On January 20, 2025......  I truly expect a POTUS Mooch on the inaugural stand.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.