Author Topic: Pentagon to review zero-trust blueprints across military services  (Read 223 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pentagon to review zero-trust blueprints across military services
« on: September 11, 2023, 04:29:37 pm »
Pentagon to review zero-trust blueprints across military services
By Colin Demarest
 Friday, Sep 8

WASHINGTON — Pentagon leadership will begin reviewing plans to implement zero-trust measures across the military, as cybersecurity officials eye a 2027 deadline.

Pentagon Chief Information Officer John Sherman on Sept. 7 said the services and other defense organizations will submit their blueprints in the coming weeks, with evaluations scheduled between then and “the holiday period.” The inspections will be led by Randy Resnick, the director of the zero-trust portfolio management office, and his team.

“That’s a very important milestone, coming up here next month, to get these plans in and start the assessment,” Sherman said at the Billington Cybersecurity Summit in Washington. “We’ve got to flip the script here, given what we face here in 2023 and beyond.”

Zero trust is a different paradigm for cybersecurity — one that assumes networks are always at risk or already jeopardized, requiring constant validation of devices, users and their virtual reach.

https://www.c4isrnet.com/cyber/2023/09/08/pentagon-to-review-zero-trust-blueprints-across-military-services/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson