Author Topic: Army’s pre-boot boot camp to become permanent  (Read 190 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Army’s pre-boot boot camp to become permanent
« on: September 05, 2023, 05:26:39 pm »
Army’s pre-boot boot camp to become permanent
The Army launched the Army Future Soldier Preparatory Course last year to help potential soldiers reach recruitment standards.

BY NICHOLAS SLAYTON | PUBLISHED SEP 3, 2023 6:30 PM EDT

After a year as a pilot program, the U.S. Army’s boot camp for basic training is becoming permanent.

The Army Future Soldier Preparatory Course, which offers tracks for recruits to improve on their academic and physical abilities in order to join the service, will become a set part of the Army’s recruiting program. Stars & Stripes first reported the news, citing several U.S. Army officials. The official shift to a permanent program will take place in October, at the start of the new fiscal year. The program will also have access to increased funding as part of the shift.

The course was created in part due to the Army’s struggle with recruitment. And many of the people who did want to enlist did not meet academic or physical requirements to join the service. In the course, “students” can train to meet body fat standards for the Army, or study to pass the Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) test. The program launched in August 2022 at Fort Jackson as the Army predicted a shortfall in its recruitment for the year. Students have 90 days to meet enlistment standards.

Over the last year the pilot program has repeatedly expanded, including to let students take part in both tracks, rather than only one. It also was added to Fort Moore, Georgia in January.

https://taskandpurpose.com/news/army-future-soldier-prep-course-permanent/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson