Author Topic: Future of Defense and Deterrence in 21st Century Security  (Read 165 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Future of Defense and Deterrence in 21st Century Security
« on: September 05, 2023, 04:41:19 pm »
Future of Defense and Deterrence in 21st Century Security
By Editors
September 05, 2023

So, here’s something new. RealClearDefense is partnering with Lockheed Martin on a special series to evaluate the future of defense and deterrence in the 21st century. To make this series mission-focused, we have centered our content on the Department of Defense’s (DoD) 2022 National Defense Strategy. This document lays out the national priorities for strengthening deterrence and maintaining our competitive advantage:

1. Defending the homeland, paced to the growing multi-domain threat posed by the PRC

2. Deterring strategic attacks against the United States, Allies, and partners

3. Deterring aggression, while being prepared to prevail in conflict when necessary, prioritizing the PRC challenge in the Indo-Pacific, then the Russia challenge in Europe

4. Building a resilient Joint Force and defense ecosystem.

https://www.realcleardefense.com/articles/2023/09/05/future_of_defense_and_deterrence_in_21st_century_security_977283.html
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson