Author Topic: These US Navy commands can’t bring in new leaders. So who’s in charge?  (Read 178 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
These US Navy commands can’t bring in new leaders. So who’s in charge?
By Megan Eckstein
 Friday, Sep 1

WASHINGTON — Naval Sea Systems Command has joined a growing list of U.S. Navy commands without Senate-confirmed leadership.

Vice Adm. William Galinis retired in a ceremony at the Washington Navy Yard on Friday, having led NAVSEA since June 2020 and serving in the force since graduating in 1983 from the Naval Academy. His retirement leaves the command — which oversees ship design, construction and repair activities — under the acting command of a two-star admiral, rather than a Senate-confirmed three-star admiral.

Since Sen. Tommy Tuberville, R-Ala., blocked the military confirmation process in February over his opposition to the Pentagon’s abortion policy, more than 300 flag and general officers have been held up from promotions and job assignments. Between now and the end of the year, that figure is expected to grow to 650, according to deputy Pentagon spokesperson Sabrina Singh.

https://www.militarytimes.com/naval/2023/09/01/these-us-navy-commands-cant-bring-in-new-leaders-so-whos-in-charge/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson