Author Topic: Geopolitical tension with China would hit U.S. critical technology sectors hard, new study shows  (Read 196 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Geopolitical tension with China would hit U.S. critical technology sectors hard, new study shows
The next major financial crisis is likely to stem from further deterioration between the U.S.-China relationship
PATRICK TUCKER | AUGUST 31, 2023
CHINA

Many of the largest tech companies in the United States are so intertwined with China that they likely would not survive a massive geopolitical crisis between the two countries, research from data services company J.H. Whitney shows.

Such a crisis would also likely bump leading tech-associated companies like Meta (parent company of Facebook) and Tesla off the list of 10 largest companies by market cap.

Whitney looked across 1,559 public companies with a market capitalization over $5 million dollars, of which, 576 were associated with one or more of 14 different critical technology areas. These include things like biotechnology, quantum science, and artificial intelligence—the same technology areas the Defense Department defines as critical to future U.S. military innovation, according to John O’Connor, the chairman and CEO of J.H. Whitney. O’Connor presented the research at an NDIA emerging technology conference this week.

https://www.defenseone.com/policy/2023/08/geopolitical-tension-china-would-hit-us-critical-technology-sectors-hard-new-study-shows/389931/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
USAF ‘Not as Ready as We Need to Be’ for China Challenge

Things look darker for the military almost every day, especially since Biden demonstrates no real interest in the status of the US Military! **nononono*
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson