Author Topic: 4 Reasons Why Nuclear Energy Cannot Save Us From Climate Change  (Read 625 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
4 Reasons Why Nuclear Energy Cannot Save Us From Climate Change
« on: September 02, 2023, 03:56:00 pm »

4 Reasons Why Nuclear Energy Cannot Save Us From Climate Change
Opinion by Erich Pica

3h

This summer, the devastating impacts of the climate crisis — scorching temperatures baking the Southwest, wildfires raging in Hawaii and Canada, catastrophic flooding in Vermont — have never been clearer.

Unfortunately, many in Washington are using this as justification to bring nuclear power back from its well-deserved grave. Tens of billions of dollars in subsidies — including a $6 billion effort launched last year by the Biden administration —are being given to prop up an industry that has never proven its economic viability, let alone its safety.

To actually save our climate from careening off a cliff, it’s essential we do what’s 1) cheapest, 2) fastest, 3) safest for people and the planet, as well as 4) most reliable. Nuclear power is a distraction that fails to hold up on all four.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/weather/topstories/4-reasons-why-nuclear-energy-cannot-save-us-from-climate-change/ar-AA1g8zDB?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=5abf0b582bce4e4fa923b72b66eccc6c&ei=28
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
Re: 4 Reasons Why Nuclear Energy Cannot Save Us From Climate Change
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2023, 09:06:48 pm »
Erich Pica is a President for the Friends of the Earth. pretty much tells me all I need to know about him and his agenda.

"Unfortunately, many in Washington are using this as justification to bring nuclear power back from its well-deserved grave. Tens of billions of dollars in subsidies — including a $6 billion effort launched last year by the Biden administration —are being given to prop up an industry that has never proven its economic viability, let alone its safety." SAY WHAT? If this Gaia worshiper is going to whine about subsidies for nuclear shouldn't he whine about the 'green industries' subsidies and losses to the taxpayers?

Nuclear bad, but the greenies plans to cover God knows how many acres with wind, solar and battery farms and the slaughter of raptors, other avians, and pollinators plus the destruction of wildlife habitat(which was just horrible if used by off roaders). And then there are the whales killed that we know of so far, what will be added dolphins, porpoises? All which is deemed good in the name of so called green unreliable energy. These people are insane!

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2023, 09:11:33 pm »
Title and premise:
"4 Reasons Why Nuclear Energy Cannot Save Us From Climate Change"

Reason 1:
"Climate change" is a hoax.

Reason 2:

Reason 3:

Reason 4:

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2023, 09:37:13 pm »
Title and premise:

Reason 1:

Reason 2:

Reason 3:

Reason 4:
Climate change is a hoax and a religion whose members demand that all the rest of us tithe 70% of what we have to it.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2023, 09:40:09 pm »
Title and premise:

Reason 1:

Reason 2:

Reason 3:

Reason 4:
They left out Reason 5:

(Anthropomorphic) "Climate Change" is a hoax.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2023, 09:42:38 pm »
Erich Pica is a President for the Friends of the Earth. pretty much tells me all I need to know about him and his agenda.

"Unfortunately, many in Washington are using this as justification to bring nuclear power back from its well-deserved grave. Tens of billions of dollars in subsidies — including a $6 billion effort launched last year by the Biden administration —are being given to prop up an industry that has never proven its economic viability, let alone its safety." SAY WHAT? If this Gaia worshiper is going to whine about subsidies for nuclear shouldn't he whine about the 'green industries' subsidies and losses to the taxpayers?

Nuclear bad, but the greenies plans to cover God knows how many acres with wind, solar and battery farms and the slaughter of raptors, other avians, and pollinators plus the destruction of wildlife habitat(which was just horrible if used by off roaders). And then there are the whales killed that we know of so far, what will be added dolphins, porpoises? All which is deemed good in the name of so called green unreliable energy. These people are insane!
WHile we are aware of the effects on cetaceans, does anyone have any idea what effect these offshore wind farms will have on fisheries otherwise?

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline yodaspock

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2023, 10:36:24 pm »
This fool just admitted What the real problem is.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2023, 03:58:28 am »
Meanwhile, countries like Japan and France have ran on nuclear energy for decades.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2023, 06:27:14 am »
Meanwhile, countries like Japan and France have ran on nuclear energy for decades.
Until they make an affordable nuclear powered car, it can't.  That battery operated stuff won't work here.

C S Lewis