Author Topic: The U.S. Navy Sailed Its Largest Aircraft Carrier Closer to Russia as a Warning  (Read 199 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The U.S. Navy Sailed Its Largest Aircraft Carrier Closer to Russia as a Warning
Story by John Rossomando •
13h

The entry of the aircraft carrier USS Gerald R. Ford (CVN-78) into the Eastern Mediterranean marks an important show of solidarity with America's NATO allies amid the ongoing war in Ukraine. The carrier first entered the Mediterranean Sea on June 15.

The warship previously visited Oslo, Norway in May in a show of solidarity with the host country amid heightened tensions between NATO and Russia.

USS Gerald R. Ford Reassures NATO Allies
“Our presence at sea throughout the deployment will provide reassurance to our allies and partners that sea lanes will remain open, and our joint operations will demonstrate our commitment to interoperability and maritime stability,” Rear Admiral Greg Huffman, commander of Carrier Strike Group 12, said in the Navy news release announcing the deployment.

The Ford cannot enter the Black Sea directly under the 1936 Montreaux Convention that bars capital ships belonging to non-Black Sea bordering nations from entering.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/the-u-s-navy-sailed-its-largest-aircraft-carrier-closer-to-russia-as-a-warning/ar-AA1fXvy9?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=42a3cb1cce424ffab8207afc631b432d&ei=35
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson