Author Topic: ‘Bring it’: Adm. Aquilino open to greater directed-energy trials  (Read 249 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
‘Bring it’: Adm. Aquilino open to greater directed-energy trials
By Colin Demarest
 Aug 28, 02:05 PM

WASHINGTON — The U.S. commander in the Indo-Pacific is interested in more widely experimenting with and deploying directed-energy weapons designed to zap electronics or incinerate incoming threats.

Navy Adm. John Aquilino, who leads the China-focused Indo-Pacific Command, on Aug. 28 said he is “certainly looking for asymmetric advantages” and that industry should “bring it.”

“I’m very encouraged by the high-energy laser capability that’s being experimented with and utilized,” Aquilino said at the NDIA Emerging Technologies for Defense conference, held blocks from the White House in Washington. “There’s a few of them on a couple of our ships, to be able to blind, dazzle and kill.”

The U.S. and other nations have for decades pursued directed-energy weapons, capable of taking out targets at the speed of light. The Pentagon for the past three years has spent an average $1 billion on development; it requested at least $669 million in fiscal 2023 for unclassified research, testing and evaluation and at least $345 million for unclassified procurement, according to the Congressional Research Service.

https://www.c4isrnet.com/battlefield-tech/2023/08/28/bring-it-adm-aquilino-open-to-greater-directed-energy-trials/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: ‘Bring it’: Adm. Aquilino open to greater directed-energy trials
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2023, 05:54:53 pm »
How does this fit in with the military's wokeness agenda? :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Re: ‘Bring it’: Adm. Aquilino open to greater directed-energy trials
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2023, 06:12:03 pm »
 ////00000////

What's the weapon's carbon footrprint?  How many Chi-com solar panels are needed to power it?
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.