Author Topic: New ‘Scalable’ Hand Grenades on Way to Army  (Read 176 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
New ‘Scalable’ Hand Grenades on Way to Army
« on: August 29, 2023, 05:40:58 pm »
New ‘Scalable’ Hand Grenades on Way to Army
8/28/2023
By Scott R. Gourley   

Scott Gourley photo

GJØVIK, Norway — The U.S. Army recently completed first article testing and conducted lot acceptance testing in preparation for fielding a new Scalable Offensive Hand Grenade produced in Norway.

Olli Harju, product director for hand grenades in Nammo Defense Systems’ large caliber systems business unit, said a tactical dilemma confronting troops is whether their heavy personal loads should include fragmentation or different sized overpressure grenades.

With the Scalable Offensive Hand Grenade, “you need only one product basically for the offensive environment,” he said in an interview at a test range near the company’s headquarters.

The design features standard threaded modules that can be used in “base,” “base plus 1,” or “base plus 2 configurations,” he said. The warfighter can connect up to three of the bases depending on how big of a charge they think is needed. Each base contains 115 grams of explosives. They measure 85 millimeters tall with a 53-millimeter diameter.

https://www.nationaldefensemagazine.org/articles/2023/8/28/new-scalable-hand-grenades-on-way-to-army
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson