Author Topic: Donald Trump Says Ron DeSantis Rumored to Exit Presidential Race for Florida Senate Challenge  (Read 5747 times)

Offline Kamaji

In other words, DeSantis is a grown-up who knows how to reach out to potential allies to build coalitions.  Unfortunately, Trump was too childish and too narcissistic to return the gesture.

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
In other words, DeSantis is a grown-up who knows how to reach out to potential allies to build coalitions.  Unfortunately, Trump was too childish and too narcissistic to return the gesture.

Tumpy has perfected the art of being a snake oil salesman in front of his MAGA wagon.  You'd think that in 150 years there still wouldn't be enough people gullible to buy off on the orange bullshit elixir. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

Nobody’s denying that Donald Trump did give an endorsement to Ron DeSantis when he ran for governor the first time

The debate is whether or not it made a difference. We don’t know the answer to that for sure. But it is clear that he handily won reelection without Trump’s endorsement. And I think that’s what’s irritating Donald Trump and his MAGAs

But so what? Why do his MAGAs believe that Donald Trump has the right to decide what Republicans can run against him or not
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Kamaji

Nobody’s denying that Donald Trump did give an endorsement to Ron DeSantis when he ran for governor the first time

The debate is whether or not it made a difference. We don’t know the answer to that for sure. But it is clear that he handily won reelection without Trump’s endorsement. And I think that’s what’s irritating Donald Trump and his MAGAs

But so what? Why do his MAGAs believe that Donald Trump has the right to decide what Republicans can run against him or not

:thumbsup:

Offline Hoodat

In fact, during his victory speech that night in Orlando, one of his first remarks was, “Thank you, Mr. President.”

Uh, no.  Not even remotely true.  DeSantis thanked the President at the end of his speech, not at the beginning.  Read it for yourself:  https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/11/06/desantis_victory_speech_the_political_media_class_seemed_eager_to_write_our_obituary.html

Here is who he thanked in order:

-  Casey
-  His parents, especially his mom
-  Volunteers throughout the State
-  Susie Wiles and the entire campaign staff
-  Jeanette Nunez
-  Rick Scott
-  Trump

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Non-sequitur. 

He thanked President Trump at 1st opportunity.

End of discussion.   happy77

@DCPatriot

This discussion will never end because the  DeSanctimonious Groupies will NEVER admit they were wrong because their hated and class jealousy of "Rude Orange RICH  Man" knows no bounds.

Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline LMAO

@DCPatriot

This discussion will never end because the  DeSanctimonious Groupies will NEVER admit they were wrong because their hated and class jealousy of "Rude Orange RICH  Man" knows no bounds.

For somebody that accuses others of being a groupie for a politician, you seem to have those tendencies yourself wink777

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
For somebody that accuses others of being a groupie for a politician, you seem to have those tendencies yourself wink777

@LMAO

You and your "fellow travelers" WORSHIP DeSanctimonious,and I don't even like Trump. On the record as saying I wouldn't let him in my house if his limo broke down outside it.

You need to look in the mirror,Bubba. YOU are one of the "Miss Manners groupies" that are blind in love with your candidate and blind to  his shortcomings.

Offline LMAO

@LMAO

You and your "fellow travelers" WORSHIP DeSanctimonious,and I don't even like Trump. On the record as saying I wouldn't let him in my house if his limo broke down outside

Sure you wouldn’t

Your posting pattern gives you away. You are definitely emotionally bonded to Donald Trump.

You wouldn’t even use the term “Desanctimonious” if Trump didn’t use it first
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 01:01:01 pm by LMAO »

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

I have no problem stating that I plan on voting for Ron DeSantis in the Wisconsin primary.

But if he started talking about freedom cities  and baby bonuses, I would have no hesitation in looking for another candidate to vote for

Although I will vote for him in the primary, before I commit to voting for him for president, I want to hear more about his ideas on what to do about our Trump/Biden induced inflation

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

I think you are DEAD WRONG.  I'd guess most here are "anyone but Trump" at this point, I know I am.  I do like DeSantis, but would vote for one of the others as well, but I'm sure as heck not voting for the orange one.

After three election losses, it’s time to take a hint

What would a team do if they had a coach with that kind of streak?

And listening to Donald Trump, it’s obvious he’s gonna repeat the same mistakes from his first term with a vengeance

Barry Goldwater

Online roamer_1

I think you are DEAD WRONG.  I'd guess most here are "anyone but Trump" at this point, I know I am.  I do like DeSantis, but would vote for one of the others as well, but I'm sure as heck not voting for the orange one.

Nope. Tumpy's out for cause.
Haley's out because moderate
Ramaswamy.is out because Soros strawman.

That's  as far as I've had to go. The rest are in the cheap seats, and don't warrant scrutiny.

Except DeSantis, and his exemplary and very conservative record. and of course I want to vote for him.
But there is no emotional attachment in that. Or little. Sure I'll be disappointed if he misses, but my alignment to him is by the numbers according to his conservative credz, which are impeccable.

And no one can successfully argue otherwise.
Tumpsters can throw all the poo they want, they can't change the record.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
@LMAO

You and your "fellow travelers" WORSHIP DeSanctimonious,and I don't even like Trump. On the record as saying I wouldn't let him in my house if his limo broke down outside it.

You need to look in the mirror,Bubba. YOU are one of the "Miss Manners groupies" that are blind in love with your candidate and blind to  his shortcomings.

I'm just going to point out again that most DeSantis voters I know would certainly consider voting for other Republican candidates running for President.  They are NOT locked into DeSantis as the one and only person fit to serve as President.  @roamer_1 is the exception, not the rule.  In contrast, there are a whole lot of Trump supporters who have vowed not to support anyone but Trump.

So if the "groupie" and "blind in love with your candidate" labels apply to any group of people, it should be applied to those who believe that there is only one guy who deserves their vote.

I personally don't like Nikki Haley.  However, I think she'd do materially less harm than either Trump or Biden/random Democrat, and would still likely appoint good judges/justices, which is critical.  So I'd vote for her.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 03:31:51 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
@LMAO

excuse me? You're the one that can't tell shortcomings from manufactured smears.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

Stop...will ya?

It still explicitly implies ACKNOWLEDGES that President Trump was instrumental in his victory which is the only point @bigheadfred  was making.

It does not, BTW... @DCPatriot

Online roamer_1

I'm just going to point out again that most DeSantis voters I know would certainly consider voting for other Republican candidates running for President.  They are NOT locked into DeSantis as the one and only person fit to serve as President.  @roamer_1 is the exception, not the rule.  In contrast, there are a whole lot of Trump supporters who have vowed not to support anyone but Trump.

For the record I would happily vote for others... All they must do is have a record, and pass a conservative criteria. That's not much to ask for.

And I will also take on all comers willing to debate the conservative credit that I should be giving to those I have rejected - which no one will, as we all know.

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
It does not, BTW... @DCPatriot

Yes it does. Who would know more? DeSantis would.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Sure you wouldn’t

Your posting pattern gives you away. You are definitely emotionally bonded to Donald Trump.

You wouldn’t even use the term “Desanctimonious” if Trump didn’t use it first

AFAIK,I used it before Trump,but really don't give a rabid rats ass about the timing. When  something  "fits".

Just because YOU are a groupie,doesn't mean I am.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2023, 09:17:00 pm by sneakypete »

Online roamer_1

Yes it does. Who would know more? DeSantis would.

No it doesn't... it could be as little a thing as being gracious. That does not commit him to staying out of the way what, two elections later?

NAH.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
excuse me? You're the one that can't tell shortcomings from manufactured smears.

@jmyrlefuller

Is that supposed to mean  something?

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
No it doesn't... it could be as little a thing as being gracious. That does not commit him to staying out of the way what, two elections later?

NAH.

Yeah. Trump gave DeSantis name recognition and creds. Without it he would have stayed a no name podunk and lost
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online roamer_1

Yeah. Trump gave DeSantis name recognition and creds. Without it he would have stayed a no name podunk and lost

Well, DUH... He was the friggin President, supposed leader of the party... And did endorse him. So he had every reason to be gracious.

Offline LMAO

AFAIK,I used it before Trump,but really don't give a rabid rats ass about the timing. When  something  "fits".

Just because YOU are a groupie,doesn't mean I am.

You did not use it before Trump

Barry Goldwater

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

??? Where are you coming up with this crappola??  DeSantis won his re-election by a landslide.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Online roamer_1

??? Where are you coming up with this crappola??  DeSantis won his re-election by a landslide.

ON HIS OWN BTW, without the coveted Tump endorsement.

But they are referring to his first run at governor, which was a squeaker... and they claim Tumpy's endorsement there made all the difference... And because of that, he is betraying Tumpy by running now... After a landslide victory in his second term wherein Tumpy failed to endorse him... Yet he should remain faithful somehow.

That's their whole thing. And it's bullcrap.